Fuming J2 Solutions on my credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Got my credit file today and found that J2 Solutions alais MH have done a search on me last month.

As I owe no money to them (that i know about) are they allowed to do a trace with out my permission?

RO

No, J2 solutions can not check credit file, whether they have been "asked" to or not.....unless you specifically gave your permission under the Data Protection Act when you signed a contract with the OC that a third party may check your file for the purpose of tracing debtors. (Unlikely) They just write these things in other places without your knowledge and try to convince you it's legal, because no-one can be bothered with the time and expense to challenge them.

Unless/until you have a financial relationship with your knowledge and approval, or you are applying for credit from them, they can not check your personal credit file.

What's to stop anybody forming a Ltd company in UK, registering with a CRA and then trawling files looking for people to harass for money?? Knowalot is either a DCA employee, or a fraudster (or both).

A third party can claim money from you (ie DCA or Purchaser) if you acknowledge their right to collect. It is important to check ownership of the debt, even if you know you owe the money.

"If you owe money to a company and you move without informing them you are breaking the law and can be prosecuted if and when you are found, has it is paramount to theft. So you may not owe J2 solutions money, but you owe sombody."

That, of course, is total bollshut......except for the fact you do not owe J2 any money. Remember that fact if/when they contact you, it will be better in the long run to keep it that way.

That's my opinion but wait and see if someone clued up on this joins in.

I can't see knowalot getting any further than the telephones...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Data protection just means they can't divulge that information to anyone but yourself.....

I stopped reading after that. You clearly don't know the data protection act. You need to go read up.

So, I can then do a search on who ever I want, as long as I don't divulge that information? Twaddle.

I don't know where to start. I'm almost speechless and that doesn't happen to me very often.

I'm just going to endorse what Timsta has already said, and then just point out that as an ex collector you will be well aware that a DCA's bread and butter is targeting people who are already paying, and bullying them to pay more. There's no profit chasing people who are abroad, in prison/hospital/care, deliberately playing 'hard to get', or are possibly dead, although many DCA's do have a small tracing dept to try to find people who slipped off the radar for whatever reason. Trawling around in CRA's looking for matching names, DOB's, former addresses etc is a definate 'NO-NO' under Data Protection Act, and fairly recently we saw BCW become abnormally contrite when they were caught, or perhaps I should say 'suspected' of phishing in a CAG members file.

As Ro55e30 now has a footprint on her file, any future action by J2 may possibly be defended on Data Protection Act grounds, so bear that in mind Ro55e30. That footprint is also likely to be seen by other firms Ro55e30 has a relationship with, present and future, and could be detrimental, but be very cautious about approaching J2 to get it removed...........

At the moment foreigners are comming to this country, taking on large debts and then moving back home....

I missed this. Ooohhhh! I'm a foreigner, I forgot all about that. Maybe I should just p155 off back home. I never realised that I could just walk away!

I missed this. Ooohhhh! I'm a foreigner, I forgot all about that. Maybe I should just p155 off back home. I never realised that I could just walk away!

Right ....I've heard enough.

I'm reporting you to the Home Office right this minute.....you're an utter bounder......;-)

Guest knowalot

so bookworm, what was wrong with the last post? Or because you don't approve with something you deny freeness of speech?

Guest knowalot

Is theft a criminal offence? Not telling someone you have changed address and stopping payments on a debt is as good as theft. Your obviously all steeped in debt and are looking for like minded people who are debt ridden to ease your consciences.

Is theft a criminal offence? Not telling someone you have changed address and stopping payments on a debt is as good as theft. Your obviously all steeped in debt and are looking for like minded people who are debt ridden to ease your consciences.

What are you doing here then?

For information, I am moderating this thread not Bookworm.

Please refrain from replying to abusive posts. This will only exasperate the problem. Thank you.

I have removed several posts as they quote posts that have been removed. Any problems please contact me via Pm.

Phew!

Well, now that we are back amongst friends, is there anything Ro55e30 can do? Is there anyone she can complain to?

:)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Guest knowalot

No surprise there then....sorry I lost it a bit but you only want to hear posts that slag debt firms off..... well its not me... if the firm was in the wrong I would say so, but when some (edit) is trying to avoid paying a debt he has signed for I have no sympathy.

Would you like to explain why, when the original poster asked about a credit check, you replied with untrue information, and are now prattling on about people moving house and stealing money?

Just to put my mind at ease...

:roll:

No surprise there then....sorry I lost it a bit but you only want to hear posts that slag debt firms off..... well its not me... if the firm was in the wrong I would say so, but when some (edit) is trying to avoid paying a debt he has signed for I have no sympathy.

This is not true, what we will do is remove posts that break the forum

rules.

CAG does not condone debt avoidance. We accept that people are liable to repay their debts, we also believe that DCA's etc should act responsibily when dealing with "clients"

Please refrain from posting comments that may be libellous and or abusive in nature.

I have edited several posts on this thread, should the OP's have an issue please contact me via Pm.

I shall moniter this thread. Thank you.

Phew!

Well, now that we are back amongst friends, is there anything Ro55e30 can do? Is there anyone she can complain to?

:)

This might be of some interest, but I'm not sure what the outcome was.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/80357-bcw-2.html