Will53 vs Natwest

Willo53
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I was horrified to receive a phonecall the other day from capquest a debt collection agency who had stated that natwest had sold the debt onto them from my accounts. The amount is £3,056 but i have received an offer of £715.00 from one of my natwest accounts. which was overdrawn and im awaiting my offer from charges claim for £680.00 which im at the lba stage. I wasnt aware that Natwest could do this when i had a dispute on the accoutn and i have received no letter stating it was going to debt collection agency. Worst thing is that £1800 is a student overdraft and i have just graduated this year and they have passed that onto the DCA. I just wanted to know whether natwest were able to do this, i spoke to a advisor in the debt recovery dept for natwest and she was stating they were well within their rights. I would be grateful if someone could offer some advice as ive been worrying over the last few days what to do.

My understanding is that NO once the account is in dispute it cannot be sold on. Sorry, but I cannot offer any advice on how you should proceed but I am sure someone will give you some advice later today. Natwest obviously feel above the law.

If your query is not answered, just 'bump' in 'reply' to bring you to the top of the queue again.