Seeking Advice Re - DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am looking for some advice regarding my Barclaycard account.

As I have been unable to repay my debt with Barclaycard, I sought advice from the CAB who offered all my debts £1 a month.

Since starting my claim for charges on my Barclaycard I have found out it has been sold to Mercers debt collections.

Having read a few posts on here, I am wondering how I go about getting statements from Mercers to see if I have any charges added for late payments etc.

I have sent a SAR to Barclaycard and had an offer which I have rejected, but want to find out the state of play with my account as it stands of now as I do not get statements from either company.

Am I right in thinking I should have been notified it had been sold? I have only had one letter from Mercers which was to inform me I have been served a default notice.

Any advice, comments more than welcome - thanks.

Thank you Rory. ;)

I did send a letter to Mercers requesting statements on 16th July 2007 - I was wonding if there is anymore I can be doing whilst waiting for them?

What can I do about them not sending me a notice of assignment?

I sent my request to a PO box number in Liverpool and stupidly didn't send recorded delivery - should I wait or re send recorded and give them a time frame to reply?

As I don't know when the debt was sold on, I don't know what has been going on, as far as I knew I was paying Barclaycard until I got this letter from Mercers in January 07 serving me a defult notice.

I have done things by the book with this account, the CAB wrote and told them all I could afford was £1 a month, which was accepted by Barclaycard.

The delault was served for owing a whopping £2.

I will get those letters off first thing Monday morning - thanks again Dave.

• 1 month later...

Ok I have left this for long enough.

Update:

Sent letter to Mercers DCA on 30th July 2007 with a £1 postal order asking them for a copy of CCA and notice of assignment.

I have heard NOTHING, so now I'm ready to get going on my claims again, I am hoping someone can direct me to where I go from here - do I continue with filing my N1 to Barclaycard or chase Mercers? or both?

Would be grateful for any input - thanks.

But isn't my issue now with Mercers?

as i see it - i requested info from Mercers on 30th July - they had 12 days which made it 11th August - then i allow 1 month - which makes it 8th september - so how do i complain to trading standards and what do i say?

And still file my N1 with Barclaycard for my charges?