charges for requesting past statements

elsdon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I AM ABOUT TO START CLAIMING MY CHARGES BACK.

NAT WEST WANT TO CHARGE ME £5 FOR THESE STATEMENTS

CAN THEY DO THIS, WHICH I NOW DON'T THINK THEY CAN.

SHOULD I PAY IT SO I CAN IN THE END CLAIM IT ALL BACK?

THANKS

ELSDON (Simon)

yes they can, and they can charge you a maximum of £10 for a DPA request.

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

I rang them to send me my statements from 1999 which i needed for another court case against a credit collection agency and they sent the statements to me without charging any fees (strange) although i didn't quote anything just requested via the branch and it was sent to me.

• 4 weeks later...

Data Protection Act

You can request statements via a dpa request

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Welcome.

A couple of things:

1 - Your question indicates that you have not read the FAQs thoroughly enough. Reading the forum material is great, but you need to be familiar with the FAQs to know what you're doing and why. I know you haven't because:

"Anyway, to the point; A step-by-step indication of how to reclaim punitive charges from your bank:

1. If you do not know the amount the bank has taken from you over the past 6 years (under the Limitation Act 1980, you can only claim for the last 6 years), then send the Data Protection Act request letter in the library (there is sometimes a £10 fee for this - it may be best to send it anyway to stop any delaying tactics from the banks - if they don't use it then great - if they do, then fair enough - at least you'll be getting the rest of your money back).

Under the Data Protection Act - the Data Controller has only 40 days to provide this information. Don't worry about the extra wait - you can claim 8% APR on each charge for the full period, so the longer it takes them the more money you will have back. If they still refuse, or do not furnish you with this information within 40 days, report them to the information commissioner - www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk - for a breach of the DPA."

from the step-by-step instructions.

2 - Thankfully, you only have posted twice, so no biggie, BUT: Can you please stay on the one thread per claim? Your question relates to the same claim as your 1st post, so it will be easier for you and the readers if they can follow your thread all at one place.

Thanks, and keep us posted.

editsign.gifTHREADS JOINED.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks