Strange letter after settlement!!!

Notahappybunny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have recieved my full amount claimed, I sent a letter rejecting their claims, it was sent recorded so i know they received it, but a day after I recieved the money SC&M sent me a letter to the effect that since I hadn't given them the courtesy of a reply to their offer letter (which I had rejecting conditions) they would put the money in my account on the basis that it was in full and final settlement, that I would agree to maintain my account within agreed limits and I would make an appointment with the bank to review my account. These were the conditions I did not agree to, but they have still given me the money and then in a letter receveived a day later, told me I am getting the money on those conditions, does any body have any ideas where you stand with regards to this situation???:confused:

Just enjoy the money - it's yours!

Make sure that they are aware of your terms. They won't take the money back; especially if its in your pocket :D

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

Good morning,

thanks for all the info, will be sending off a copy of my original 'rejection of Conditions' letter to them (Recorded delivery again), but a question please,

Has anyone else had this letter after settlement, I can't find anything else on the forum?

I haven't seen it anywhere. But I wouldn't worry; probably another case of **** being bogged down with the workload:D

• Haha 1

I received their offer letter 3 days or so after the money was in the account (and mostly spent):p

Hi Broke Dave

Sorry to hound you for advice but in the reminder letter I send them rejecting their conditions again, should I tell them to take the money back after a certain time period if they still want to attach conditions to the settlement or should I just send them a letter reminding them of my first letter, I have electronic proof of Recorded delivery received.??

Does that make sense:???:

Just send the letter reminding them of your first letter. Don't offer to give them the money back - it is yours and they have no right to add terms.

Go and have a nice Sunday luchtime drink and a meal. Relax and enjoy.

Thought I was the only one awake this morning. Not much tipping going on but thanks for yours. Enjoy the shopping. Don't forget to look at the cashpoint - it's great to see money in there.;)