Evo02 V Lloyds TSB

Evo02
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent off the DPA letter along with the £10 fee.

I recieved a summarised version of statments today. Just listing all charges that have been imposed on the account.

They said they will provide me with a full set of statments if I want which will take up to 40days.

Is what they have provided good enough?

Also it says that I have recieved for example a Charge with description "Unpaid D/D" for £280.00DR. This was long ago so I can not remember it. Is this a £280 fee which I can claim back or is this the amount that bounced?

Regards Evo02

Well its says:

DATE ______TYPE __DESCRIPTION ______CR/DR___ SHEET NO.

01/11/2005 _CHG ___UNPAID D/D _______280.00DR ____55

01/11/2005 _FEE ___ACCOUNT CHARGE __10.00DR _____55

Surely they aint put a £280 bank charge on. Surely thats the amount the Direct Debit was and the bank charge is the £10. But then £10 does not seem like enough?

Regards Evo02

Hi Evo...

Are you sure it's a £280.00 charge for an unpaid d/d... or is this the unpaid d/d amount and the charge is followed later???

If it is... it's worth claiming for that by itself!!! :D

Also, try and push for the actual copy statements. If you read through this thread, it will enlighten you as to why!!!....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/92638-mciavelli-lloyds-tsb.html

Best of luck. :)

Hi

I had the same thing; I am fairly certain this will be several DD's returned on the same day; the best way to find out is take a single returned DD to find out what they were charging at the time and then divide the £280

Best of luck

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

Oooo.... crossed threads!!

I think to clarify this Evo, you need to look at the whole list and see if there is a pattern... ie: charge/fee, charge/fee, etc.

I know that LTSB did charge a £10 penalty, as I had plenty myself!!! However, mine were dated 1999-2001. I had a good year in 2005 and avoided any penalties at all!!! :)

Also, as I already had all my statements, I didn't get a list of charges, so I can't refer back to them!!!

Hi,

I had pages of charges sent to me instead of full statements, but they were fine. Anything that says CHG is definitely the charge for the missed direct debits, when they return more than one they tend to lump it together in the same month. It's funny as they say they don't charge more than £90 in a month I think? (correct me if I'm wrong guys). Just one of my charges was detailed at £370 in one month, about 10 returned direct debits (oops), but they only sent me one letter as well!

Fzrkitten

So are you saying that that the figures I have got for £280, £190, £90 and the rest are the lumped together bank charges?

But they have all got a fee below each of these charges around £10???????????????

any has anyone got a definative answer as to wheter I should ask for the full statements or are the list charges provided good enough?

They have taken my £10 so it will not cost me any more, but they have said it will take some time?

Cheers Evo

The account charge - have you got a platinum / select account something like that? That will be the monthly fee they charge you for having a specific account and is NOT claimable.

The charges, yes, are lumped together so the £280 will be for numerous failed DD's in that month.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Evo...

Did you read through the thread I linked to above??

This chap got his charges through as a list (like you) and only realised that he needs the original statements now. He has a court date and is panicking to get hold of copy statements before the hearing.

Also, they will have the definative answer to your "is it or is it not a charge" problem!!!! Two birds with one SAR!!!!!! :)