uun V's Natwest Overdraft Help******

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hedgehog? HEDGEHOG??????................... grrrrrrr........... cheeky monkey!!! ;)

Curlyben's spot on - claim back as far as your statements allow - doesn't matter if it goes over the 6 years (plenty of material on site to challenge them with if it comes to it!)

Have a look through here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/105227-nat-west-claimants-new.html for links that say exactly what you can and can't reclaim charges wise - along with an explanation of when to add the 8% interest on.

Overdraft interest - pain in the backside that one! You can't reclaim it in full - just the portion that's applied to your account due to charges sending you over your overdraft. Difficult to work out (download the correct spreadsheet for it!) but it may add a few quid on! ;)

And hedgehog???? He called me a hedgehog????????............. I'll have him!! :D

• Haha 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks, will get onto this later in the week, just had a quick calculation and my charges (not included interest are since 2001 (are you ready for this) about £1552.

My overdraft has reached to £2587.83, what would you advise to do, i have read somewhere where the other portion was written off., I do not mind arranging a monthly payment plan for the remainder amount once the charges has been refunded.

i requested my statements with natwest on 5th June and got back my statements on the 12th July, they sent them all in the one envelope so I had to go through all the charges for the time i was with them. Sent off my second letter requesting my money back still awaiting there responce.

Good Luck

Welllll there's a couple of things.

First start working out how much they owe you.

You're looking for overdraft and returns (DD's SO' and Cheques).

Hedgey will be along and let you know the codes ;)

Then send them a letter asking for it back.

Now due to the OFT's announcement, they may not acknowledge you at all.

DON'T panic and press on.

• Haha 1

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

I'll mash that monkey one of these days!!!!! ;)

• Haha 1

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

The first letter you need to send to Nat West is this one 2. Letter - Preliminary approach for repayment. If you've highlighted all the charges on your statements - you need to enter each charge into one of these 6. Interest calculation spreadsheets spreadsheets. Choose the one that's compatable with your own pc - the 'simple' versions will automatically calculate the s69 8% interest for you. Don't delete the existing data though - just 'overwrite' it. Once all charges are entered you can then get rid of what you don't need.

Have another read through the link for Nat West Claimants (on my signature) for further info on what to do at this stage ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hmph! I'm not luvvin' my new avatar............... but someone reckoned my last one looked like a bit of a slapper! :o Sweet little Amy Rose has gotta go though methinks! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Now that's sooooooooooo much more me! ;):D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 3 weeks later...

If only she would go to bed :p

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I heard that rory!

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

You bunch of wind up merchants!!!! :D;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***