uun V's Natwest Overdraft Help******

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have only recently come across this website, to try to get myself out of debt problems, etc...

One of my debts is my overdraft with my old friendly bank Natwest.

Now I am aware that i do have an overdraft with them, but i have also been charges excessively from them also.

And although I will probably still end up owing them something, if I succesful in claiming my charges etc back, then that amount will be less.

One of the main problems I have, is the fact that I do not have my statements anymore, my hubby wasn't aware of my debts, so i used to get rid of statements etc..

Each time Natwest increased my overdraft it was via the telephone, I am aware that if i try to claim my charges back, I am acknowledging the debt, i do not know how much I have been charged by them over the whole time that i have bank with them, but i do know that once i was getting further into debt it was becoming more often.

Is there anyway that I can contact Natwest to get copies of my statements, is there a template letter, and does it cost anything.

and am i starting in the right direction.

I also have a credit card with them, but it is a totally different department and number, so i don't think the two will get connected.

Funny though, I went to natwest who was going to help me with another loan (consolidation) and refused it at the last minute, due to the fact that i was at the back end of maternity leave, and even though i insisted that i needed to go back to work etc, they declined.

they have never chased for the overdraft money is that normal.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI there i might not be a lot of help but you have come to the right place to get it someone will be along in a miniute to point tou in the right direction. you need to get your first letter of to the natty westie along with £10 there is a template letter to follow at the beging of this site not sure where .but that will tell you every thing you need to do good luck dippy:) :) :)

Hi, welcome on board the natwest forum!

With regards to them not chasing the overdraft money, you'll find that they're still aware of the debt and may (if they haven't already) pass this on to credit management at some point. So before they do that, it's well worth taking some action now to get the debt reduced in some way. At least reclaiming your charges will reduce the debt - you can negotiate with them to clear the remainder at some point.

Firstly, as you don't have any statements for your bank/credit card accounts - I suggest you send them a SAR as this will require them (under the Data Protection Act) to provide you will all statements and any other information they have on you for the last six years. The template letter is here 1. Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter - List of charges download this, complete it with your own information (save a copy for yourself) and post it to the address in stickys section.

Somebody quite rightly pointed out the other day that as you have a bank and credit card account, it's worth doing a seperate SAR for each account (apparently, the credit card SAR will be posted on to a seperate address). Send them a £10 cheque/postal order made payable to nat west bank and send both in the same envelope recorded delivery.

They have 40 days to comply with your SAR. Once you have the necessary information (statements, etc) post back here and we'll advise you further. In the meantime, have a really good read through this thread Frequently Asked Questions as it will help you to understand the process much better.

Best of luck, hedgey xxx :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

thanks I have founf the letter, I am just trying to fnd the sticky plae for the address, as I was going to address it to my local branch. becuase i have got into debt with with nat west cc card, i think i need to do them seperate, so as i do not get confused.this site is soooooo addictive, i have just realised what the time is and i need to go to the supermarket...

Send the SAR to this address:

Retail Regulatory Risk

2nd Floor

Cornerstone

60 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9WF

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Yes - 40 calender days from the date they sign ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

When you do your SAR make sure you put BOTH accounts (numbers and sort code) on it, so your bank and credit card accounts.

Only ONE £10 fee is needed.

I have done this with my LTSB acconts and it worked a treat.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

It's advisable to do seperate S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letters for nat west - as the one for the credit card is passed on to a different address (post #4 above).

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Right guys SARS posted out today recoded delivery, so now I'm just playing the waiting game.

What happens if they do not produce my statements within the 40 days.

Another question.

I have a few debts (addressed on the correct threads)

I am in the process of send out cca letters, should I also send out all of them a SARS letter, I will have to spread them over a couple of months becuase of the costing or can I send all of the letters together with just one £10 and is it to a different address for credit cards than to the one above, if so would it be a different address for the different companies

If the statement aren't produced on time, have a look through this thread Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters there's a 'nudge' letter in there as well to ensure they reply on time. You may not need this though.

If you have a nat west credit card, the £10 SAR fee that you've paid for the bank account also covers any other accounts you may have with nat west........ including the credit card account. Make this clear in your SAR for the credit card.

SAR's go to the address of the original lender............. and one SAR covers all debts you may have with that lender regardless of how many accounts you may have with them.

Hope that helps :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

UUN, you don't need to SAR everyone ;)

That's best left for the original creditors as it is them that have added charges to your accounts.

After 30 days send them a nudge letter reminding them that time is running out.

After 40 you can send them a non-compliance letter and slap them.

Here's a rule of thumb for you.

DCA - CCA

OC - SAR

Make some sense.

think so hedgey

so it is like this

I have ge Monney so I send them SAR and £10 to ge money

Monument send SARS and £10 to monument

Barclaycard send SARS and £10 to barclaycard

What is i am sending a sars but they cannot comply with sending me a correct cca, am i not just addmitting that i had an account with them

You are admitting nothing, simply asking for all the information that they hold on you, as is your right.

CCA is a different animal all together, basically this validates the legal right to collect on a debt.

Let's keep this one purely for Nastywest so as not to confuse.

Time to open threads for all the other OC's and keep the DCA stuff on your other thread.

It depends............. I received mine after about three weeks, but some members have waited months and had to threaten them with court action. They're so incredibly swamped with requests that they don't seem able to keep up! Don't worry though - if you haven't heard anything after 30 days, send them a 'nudge' and that should do the trick. ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hi Guys, Got some post today from Natwest, saying

RE; Data Protection Act 1998

Thank you for your correspondence requesting a complete list of transaction and charges applied to your account(s) under the Data Protection Act. Your statements will be sent out to you as soon as possible.

In the meantime we acknowledge receipt of the payment in respect of the fee.

If you have any queries relating to this matter please do not hesitate to contact me at the address shown above.

Arn't they nice

Arn't they nice

They're absolute diamonds!!!! :rolleyes:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Well they are true to their word, I received statements today in the post.

What do I do now?

I presume I find all of the charges, but do not know what to do regarding the interest, I still have my overdraft to pay these guys, so I'm hoping that my charges and interest will cancel most of it out.

How far do I go back?

I'm sure hedgey will point you in the right direction here, but basically you are looking for overdraft usage fees, direct debit/standing order return fees and cheque return fess. Think that about covers it.

You can try and claim back as far as your statements allow, after all if you have to prove it in court the paperwork makes this nice and easy.

As to interest, you'd better ask the hedgehog as different banks play this game differently.

I only know LTSB so not much help.