i,m mad help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Up to you really regarding court. Halifax should act once the ICO contact them. Did they give you any idea of timescales e.g. we'll contact Halifax this week?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Suitably vague then :rolleyes:

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 months later...

hi everyone:) well i went in to Halifax bank and asked for my account number from my account the lady said that there was no record of my account? i told her that i was told to go into my bank as they would not give me this information on the telephone. and i no there have been people who have claimed over 6yrs and received all there statements i cannot believe they wont give me my account number does anyone know what i can do next i have reported them to the information commissioner with no out come but i can't go any further in reclaiming because i havnt got my account number i first asked for this information 29/06/2007(they gave me my new account number at first so i didn,t realise) help anyone please:???: thanks

Hi Kats,

It's time you took Court Action for their non-compliance.

Rory gave you a link in post #71 and I'd seek Damages from them for all the time and effort you've spent trying to get the info from them.

They are being obstructive.

Are you 100% certain you have no old cheque book stub, statement, etc tucked away.

Have you given bank all info they could use to trace the a/c - name, addresses, time a/c was opened and closed.

If you've done everything poss to get the info from bank, it's gotta be N1 time.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Definately time you took action - I commend your patience. I threatened them in October and they are about to send me my data but it seems they are taking the **** with you. We must have them overworked.

Having failed to do this myself I would be unsure what damages (is that the right word) to claim but IMHO your £10 data fee and I think you can ask for £9 something for each letter you have written (which would seem reasonable) as I think you have to show the efforts you have made to obtain data. If anyone else can confirm if my advice is right or not I would feel easier.

• Haha 1

Hi Kats,

Is this a specific reply to YOUR request or a generic reply (template).

Have they found your a/c details, presumably in response to your N1.

Surely 6 years of state's is better than none and going BEYOND 6 years is still quite rare and uncharted territory.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Sorry Kats,

I took your post #87 as saying they'd sent 6 yrs state's but no more.

I can't really help you on this claim as it is wholly outside the Statute of Limitations 6 years. I'll watch with interest though.

• 2 weeks later...