Global Telecoms Rip-of Help ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi me and my other half run a small taxi firm and had an isdn phone system on lease from one company , another called global arrived and offered us a better deal and said that they would pay of our existing lease , which turned out to be £6000 , we said yes signed up , they installed new system took old one away then refused to pay anything , eventually offered us £1000 to go away we refused then nothing won't answer our letters etc , we can't afford a solicitor , they also tampered with agreement after we signed it as our copy has nothing on it about a settlement figure whereas there's says £1000 written in ink on a second copy , i'm sure this is fraud but don't know enough to sort all this out , please can someone help me desperate now we are paying for both leases as leasing company say its nothing to do with them which it isn't and if we stop paying they'll take us to court can't afford this much longer please can anyone help desperate !!!!

First of all, you do know that BT are withdrawing BRA ISDN (Basic Rate Access), so there is a distinct possibility the system you have will be obsolete quite quickly (unless it uses Primary Rate access).

As to your current dilemma, you are now paying for two systems, due to their non-settlement of the original lease was the offer of £1000 meaning that is to be their only contribution? If so that would be fraud, but you would need documentation to prove they agreed the original £6000 amount.

You mention your lease agreement - this is for the replacement equipment, yes? The cost of the goods must be shown, along with any rebate or settlement on other equipment. You say they mention £1000 on their copy, but do you have any mention of the £6000 promised showing anywhere on your original documentation? If you don't it will be difficult to prove they've short-changed you.

• 4 weeks later...

Off topic to this case, but Global Telecom still owe me several hundred pounds for a premium rate phone line business I operated through them a few years ago. They lied, squirmed and then just kept putting the phone down on me.

In Scotland we've a maximum Small Claim limit of £750, however the English limit was previously £3,000 however if you are working to the edge of the upper limit be careful you can substantiate them if required as it can be easily challenged, all without the defender worrying about resolving the core issue.