fagashlil v's HSBC.

fagashlil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, after several months I have finally decided to take the plunge and was wondering if I am correct in sending the letter to my local branch as I though I may get a faster/ less educated response from them.

Also in my initial request I am asking for 16% as this is what they have been charging me on my unauthorised overdraft.:D This now totals just over £2,700

Does everyone think this is acceptable or have any pearls of wisdom or experience to offer me? From what I understand you normally leave the 8% interest until court but if I apply the 16% now I will not be entitled to claim the 8% when it reaches this stage.

I have already printed off the letter and spreadsheet to post by recorded delivery tomorrow so if I haven't heard any reason why I should not send it by lunchtime I will be racing round to the post office - finally!:-o

Thanks for reading - fingers crossed all will go to plan. I think if this works out as I hope I will need to change my name to just 'lil':rolleyes:

fagashlil

hi & welcome to the forum :)

not 100% on this but i think that means your claiming CI & from what ive read on here recently this is not an easy route and may cause problems. - I may be wrong

Celicaman is hot on this & will hopefully have some advice.

Thanks pinkdutchess, I will have another poke around & see if I can locate some of celicaman's posts. I don't wish to put my claim in jeopardy by appearing greedy but then they have charged me this amount over the years:mad: I felt it only fair to repay the compliment:D

Hiya fags, a claim for CI went to the high court earlier this month on apeal and was found to have no grounds for claiming contractual interest. This has set president (rules for judges to follow) because it was high court.

I think CI claims are dead in the water now, best to stick to the statutory interest.

pete