almost Bankrupt for the second time !!!

seething
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

...and no, I don't feel entirely responsible. I'm not extravagent nor do I have any expensive habits. The first time was during a recession when every business around me was going down. Even my agent went out of business and I was the last one working for her. People I had done work for couldn't pay me.

I never really recovered from that. and the bank forced me into it!!!!!!!!

The usual, they would charge me for not having the money to pay them and then charge me for being overdrawn and then have the audacity to charge me £10 for a letter to tell me what I already knew. (I told them that "if I could charge people £10 for sending a standard letter, then I wouldn't be in the mess that I was in"). Oh I wish I could claim back from 20 years ago.

More recently, I tried to start a business underfunded, so again have accumulated debts of £30,000. I had it all under control until very recently, when my sporadic work with high expenses finally caught up with me and I was caught out whilst working miles from home, unable to get any money to eat or get me back safely. I had to sleep the night in my car. Why? because I had paid an unjust parking fine which had pushed me overdrawn incurring charges. Total £45. Nothing left, I'm finished. UNLESS I CAN GET ALL THOSE UNFAIR CHARGES BACK, THEN I MAY BE ABLE TO SAVE MY BUSINESS AND CARRY ON MAKING AN HONEST LIVING!!!!! - Seething

btw. I have a 'debt consolidation loan' and credit card, both unfortunately in default, from 'Liverpool Victoria' I am currently paying £1 per month for each. They have not made a single unfair charge for anything, only regular interest. and they haven't hassled me either!

HSBC loan - DPA letter sent 6/06/06 (OK it was really 9/06/06 but it's more appropriate isn't it?)

HSBC credit card - DPA letter sent 6/06/06

HSBC 3 accounts - DPA letter sent 6/06/06

RBS (Mint) Credit card - DPA letter sent 6/06/06

... I have a 'debt consolidation loan' and credit card, both unfortunately in default, from 'Liverpool Victoria' I am currently paying £1 per month for each. They have not made a single unfair charge for anything, only regular interest. and they haven't hassled me either!

Hi welcome. keep reading about a bit - good to see that you have already posted your DPA letters - make sure you familiarize yourself with both the FAQs/guidance notes (so that you are aware of the process) and threads that are pertinent to your situation/banks.

I would caution you over accepting that your creditiors such as Liverpool Victoria have not made a single unfair charge. If you are in such a dire situation that you are in default and paying £1 per month, then I would suggest that their charging you interest on the balance is grossly unfair (no disrespect). You perhaps need to consider your overall financial predicament, and seek some independent advice.

Might I suggest that you book an appointment with your local Citizen's Advice Bureau. They are free, objective, and can provide sound advice based upon years of experience and knowledge. Even if it just gives you a fresh perspective on things it is an hour well spent. And it is FREE!

Anyway, keep us posted on developments.:)

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Hi welcome. keep reading about a bit - good to see that you have already posted your DPA letters - make sure you familiarize yourself with both the FAQs/guidance notes (so that you are aware of the process) and threads that are pertinent to your situation/banks.

I would caution you over accepting that your creditiors such as Liverpool Victoria have not made a single unfair charge. If you are in such a dire situation that you are in default and paying £1 per month, then I would suggest that their charging you interest on the balance is grossly unfair (no disrespect). You perhaps need to consider your overall financial predicament, and seek some independent advice.

Might I suggest that you book an appointment with your local Citizen's Advice Bureau. They are free, objective, and can provide sound advice based upon years of experience and knowledge. Even if it just gives you a fresh perspective on things it is an hour well spent. And it is FREE!

Anyway, keep us posted on developments.:)

Hi, No, the interest with Liv Vic was FROZEN when I first got into difficulties. Not so with the HSBC and RBS, they pressured and hassled me to push up my repayments, so now I have defaulted on them too. I am already being advised by the CAB. I am shortly aiming for an fixed arrangement with reduced liability rather than Bankruptsy, that way I will have managable repayments and get to keep my company!! That way there is light at the end of the tunnel (Let's hope it's not a train coming the other way : )