Beware Of Yorkshire Stalling Us!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Maybe a slight error on my part however they cashed the £10.00 which to me was an agreement to supply me what I requested. The fact they didnt gives me a right for address!

Ok guys and girls,

I am now ready to take the plunge!

Having experienced so much crap from Yorkshire Bank I have decided that I now seek contractual interest on all my charges (I know this is a gamble but it is one I am prepared to take) I am also seeking wasted costs and seeking refund for stationary, letter preperation and other costs. Is there anyone who can explain to me in laymen terms about contractual interest?

For example: On the 7th January 2001 I received a £32.00 charge for an unpaid direct debit?

Thanks Gogivit

I realised that letters didn't have dates on them so kept envelopes but they are also craftily not using franking on them or they place envelope in franking machine so that it doesn't register the date on envelope.

I have hand written the date on the envelopes but not sure this will be accepted.

Jennifrance

:) hi there dont know if this might be of some use but came across it give it a read and see what you think "contractual Interest" found @ [Josa V Natwest ~ 6 years with Contractual Interest] might be of some use heres hoping.....;)

Hello Jenn1irance1,

My envelopes have a type of bar code on them but all the same, if they are removing date enties on their communications there has to be a reason.

What proof do we have that they reply to our requests within statute time limits?

But saying that at least by kieeping the envelopes that accompany the goods judges then I am sure will find it unusual practise for a supposedly professional company to send out documents with no date reference.

Of all my bank charges I have the following entry (only 1 of) that sticks out like a sore thumb. Does anyone know what it means?

On the 1st March year xxxx payment was made to my council for the community charge for sum of £66.00

On the 2nd March xxxx £66.00 was coincidently credited to my account.

My statement showed the following?

02 March ADJUSTMENT CREDIT 66.00credit

DEBIT UNDER ADVICE 33.00debit

Does anyone know what the above actually means? Is the Debit Under Advice a manually entered transaction?

Of all my bank charges I have the following entry (only 1 of) that sticks out like a sore thumb. Does anyone know what it means?

On the 1st March year xxxx payment was made to my council for the community charge for sum of £66.00

On the 2nd March xxxx £66.00 was coincidently credited to my account.

My statement showed the following?

02 March ADJUSTMENT CREDIT 66.00credit

DEBIT UNDER ADVICE 33.00debit

Does anyone know what the above actually means? Is the Debit Under Advice a manually entered transaction?

Hi Gogivit.

This means your £66.00 has been credited back to your account as they didn't pay it to the Council (possibly because there wasn't enough money in your account) and they have charged you a £33.00 penalty charge. So not only did they bounce it, but they make you further overdrawn in the process.

It's disgusting how they won't let you go pay out over your limit unless its to them.

Basically they are saying that they have Debited your account and advised you of it. Although they don't generally actually advise you nowadays.

And of course the Council will still need to be paid. But the bank now has taken £33.00 of your money that was originally destined for the Council payment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again Gogivit. I'm so glad you made the effort to meet up with us in London, even though it was brief.

I've merged your YB threads as I thought it may be interesting for others to see the kind of things to expect from them along the way.

Do you still have your account with YB?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes I do continue to hold an account with them but my wages are now paid into my new account with another bank (opened in March)so I have no worries should they want to force me to close it.