CCA didn't scare SRJ away!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help! Has anyone had any dealings with SRJ debt recovery?

I received a demand to repay £2600 last year from Capquest, sent the CCA, had a few harrassing phone calls, sent the phone harrassment letter and never heard from them again.

I am now being chased by a company called SRJ Debt Recoveries who originally sent the letter beginning May with big red letters etc, I sent them a CCA and they are still sending me big red letter...letters saying they're going to take me to court etc, plus phone calls nearly every week now.

I am starting to think I might not actually have a leg to stand on and am getting a little worried! They actually called today and just came straight out with 'So how are you going to pay the £2600?'!

I took Natwest to court this year for bank charges for which they repaid me the full amount of £2600 surprisingly enough!

Can anyone reassure me that what I'm doing is ok? And shall I report them to the police? Or would it be the OFT?:mad:

When did you CCA them? Just keep all the letters and a log of the phone calls. At the end of the day the calls and letters are costing them money and the best they can do is verbally bully you. Stay calm and eventually you will start to enjoy listening to the LOSERS.

Regards

Andy Banwell

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

I really enjoyed it when Capquest were calling because I knew I was right! But because it's happening again and this company aren't as brash as Capquest I'm not too sure of my rights! The 30 days is up for them too! Have just written an email to Trading Standards so hopefully they will get off my back soon!

Let me clarify this... 12+2 is up and the additional 30 is up? If this is the case and they are still chasing then you are in the right and its time to teport them to the OFT and TS surely.. ;)

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Yeah. Their time is up now. Trading Standards should get on the case and may report to OFT too. Do you have any idea how to do that? Thanks for your help by the way! I'm sure you can appreciate how it feels when ******* like that are chasing you!

The following is an exert from a post by 'lookinforinfo' (I am quite new to this myself and lookinforinfo seems to nearly have god like status :D ):

The Office of Fair Trading are the people who handle breaches of the CCA,

but you start off by reporting the breach to your local Trading Standards Office who will then escalate matters themselves.

So, it seems that you have to complain to your local TS office and accompany it with copies of letters and evidence and let them advise you from there. :-o

Good Luck

Guest ConsumersRevenge

i feel it may be time to report thier bad practise to the OFT. If You have read any other posts of mine, you know whats coming next. yes, you got it, ask that thier ccl be revoked until they can prove they can act responsibly and in accordance with uk legislation. be a nice person though, and advise this srj (whoever they are when they're at home) of what you are doing. may i advise thought perhaps write your letter in red? it will look nice, and perhaps they havea colour blindness problem. you know, just to make sure they can read it.

debt collection agencies - the **** of the earth? not at all - the vultures of the financial services industry. with no way to make a living for themselves, they have to feed off the scraps left by your creditors. a sorry state of affairs, yet it is the world we live in

• 1 month later...

SRJ Debt Recoveries don't go away! Their time was up in May this year after the CCA was sent (see above). Have received a few nonchalant letters since, saying they will take my phone number off their records and others telling me they will be taking it to court in 7 days (a month ago!!) and yesterday I received my bank statements from them! 3 envelopes, all broken in a special Royal Mail plastic cover which said 'Very Sorry'. 4 years worth of statements which is NOT what I asked for in the original CCA!!

1. Their 42 days was up at least 60 days ago.

2. Why are they sending me statements when I asked for the Original Credit Agreement.

3. How the hell can they get hold of my statements? Surely that's personal information? Who else can get hold of it?! And why didn't I know about it?

4. Isn't it against the DPA when the envelopes are broken and any old tomdickorharry can see my information!!!

Isn't there some kind of letter we can send which simply tells them to stop chasing me as they haven't a chance in hell of getting the doc they need to enforce the damn debt! Rrrrrrr!

Have complained to the OFT and Trading Standards and will be drafting a rather nasty letter in retaliation! Although some people are saying to simply ignore them!!

The dpa says that they have to keep your information secure. I'm sure that includes putting bank statements into packets that are fit for the purpose before they drop them into the postbox. You might not get very far chasing them about it though.

Is it possible that you asked for statements as well as the CCA? If so, the DCA would have forwarded the request on to NatWest.