HELP NEEDED A.S.A.P plz

Ladidi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Your next step is just to wait, notice they have defended will be sent to you, the next stage depends on wether the court want AQ or not, they will write to you either tellling you to fill the AQ in or will let you know they are ispensing with it

:madgrin:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean by dispensing with it? Does that mean the court will rule in my favour? without having to submit the AQ on the basis that they know the Abbey has no intention of turning up at court.

Ladidi

Ladidi

I have composed an email to send to Clare Fletcher.

Does anyone have an opinion of this?

Dear Miss Fletcher.

Without Prejudice.

We are writing this email to you to give yourselves and the Abbey a final chance in resolving our claim for our bank charges refund.

We feel that we are being more than fair in offering you the sum of £1.50 for every charge that we had incurred unless you wish to reveal your true costs.

We have totalled up what the Abbey now owe us to date and find the sum now totals £5585.17 which includes 8% interest. If you agree to settle at £1.50 per transaction then total payable by yourselves stands at £5337.67 which is £5585.17 - £165x1.50 = £247.50 total deducted equals amount payable £5337.67.

This offer will be valid for 7 days from today’s date.

Should you insist that we continue onto court I can assure you that the claim will continue to go higher in my favour as I will be adding time off work and the costs incurred for the doing the court bundle postage etc

Yours Sincerely

Ladidi

Hi, just because they have dispensed with the AQ, it just means that they are aware of Abbeys time wasting and just trying to speed it up.

the letter is ok but it probably wont work, hang in there for the full amount, because you will get it all. just be patient LOL

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

ASHURTS so very kindly sent me a reply to my first offer as above..

Dear

Without Prejudice

With respect, I do not believe that an increase in your previous offer of £187.67 represents a genuine desire to reach a settlement of this matter without recourse to a court hearing. I am therefore unable to accept your offer and suggest we continue with the court proceedings.

Kind regards

Clare

So we sent this reply..

Dear Miss Fletcher

Without Prejudice

In respect to our offer of settlement. We had offered you final settlement of £5150.00 in which you did not bother to reply to. The abbey had not come forward to discuss with us a commercially palatable offer when they were taking this money from our account over the last 6 years.

We believe we have tried to be fair in offering some sort of closure offer on this and the Abbey and yourselves have done nothing and not come forward to offer any kind of what you believe to be a fair and just amount of settlement offer due to us in respect to the last 6 years plus 8% interest.

We would be interested in hearing what you have to offer in respect to the amount due to us for last 6 years plus interest. But whilst you are considering this offer we believe you should also consider the amount due back to us plus 8% interest.

We have considered this and found that as the amount due by Abbey plus interest is £5442.13 we would be more than happy to settle for £5150.00 of which is just a fair settlement.

We feel that we are being more than fair in offering and increasing the sum to £1.77 for every charge that had incurred unless you wish to reveal your true costs.

Now unless the Abbey can show us that the amount they are due for each transaction they have dealt with which is their costs incurred. We believe the Abbey will not be able to justify not settling out of court for amount we have offered at £5150.00

This offer is valid for 7 days.

Ladidi

i wouldnt settle for this amount as its too low they sense you sound desperate and know youll settle for less have you sent it as nothing you can do now just my personal opinion sorry youll probably find theyll ignore it so itll probably not be a problem use it in your court bundle as itll show youve tried to settle and they ignored it just try and be patient know it isnt easy been there so i know grrrr abbey xxkia

The annoying fact is Kia (not that your annoying :-D ), You are right in the fact they have ignored it. I`m not desperate although it would be nice to have some sort of closure. What cheeses me off the most is the fact they drag it out no end and pay up at the last minute and we are supposed to be greatfull!!

I'd feel like saying thank god for that its over we got it but god dammit you made us suffer you should pay for that. You knew you was gonna payout but dragged it out just to keep your salaries and rises and cushy number.. God I hopes someone turns te tables on these people one day and we all get to hear about it.

Thank god I have already moved my income and DD`s to another account.

Ladidi

Ladidi

didnt i hear of someone suing them for all the stress and upset they caused sure i real it somewhere cos someone had a breakdown because of them mimd im not saying have a breakdown but they do stress u out and i think they should pay for that they would in america right im off my soapbox now.I hope someone does it to them too but sadly not any one person is it.Weve still got our account with abbey for now as theyve not closed it yet but have got nat west account ready for action lolxxkia

Hi everyone

I thought I would let you know I got a reply from the Sh"Abbey"

This is their reply..

Without Prejudice

Thank you for your email. I am instructed to reject your offer of £5150.00, and to put to you a counter-offer of £4,000.00. If you wish to accept this offer please let me know and I will process payment.

Kind regards

Clare Fletcher

This is our reply..What do you think??

Dear Miss Fletcher.Without Prejudice

We have taken a look at your offer and we believe that as our total claim is £5442.13 and we have offered you a settlement offer of £5150.00 that is a just a fair settlement offer considering it is just below 95% of our total claim. £5442.13 x 95% = £5170.02

I am sorry but we will reject your offer of £4000.00 as it no where near consitutes the amount we have lost out on over the last 6 years. Unless you are prepared to give us what we want that we consider to be a just a fair offer then we shall proceed with our court case to claim the full amount due including all other costs incurred.

This offer of settlement is valid for 7 days.

Yours Sincerley

Ladidi

I`m from Sunderland :-D

I forgot to mention we have also received a letter fromt he court stating that the Abbey intend to defend and have 28 days to file their defense.

If they refuse my offer I`m kinda hoping that their defense is something they can only dream of ..lmao Meaning we will win regardless..

Ladidi

Ladidi

4 thousand there havin a laugh arent they as if eh no way i thought your other offer was a bit low thats just daft offer they think youll accept low offer dont entertain them xxkia

Already refused their paltry pathetic offer Kia. I am now waiting to see if she will give us what we want or I`ll see them in court. We got teh court letter stating they intend to defend and they have 28 days to submit their defense. Is there anything I need or should be doing or do i have to wait till i hear from the court now?

Ladidi

Ladidi

Sit back and relax, the defence will come, and i will put money on it being a completely standard defence, the courts will write to you with informing you what to do next

:madgrin:

Ah ok..

Sit back and relax :rolleyes:

Knitting..um dun think so, not my thing ;)

But...A glass or 2 of nice cool wine and good music and good company..now ya talkin my language :p

They haven't replied to my refusal, so I will wait out the next 28 days..

Ladidi

Ladidi

Hi Ladidi. In my case, they put in a defence and when I emailed asking if they intended to turn up in court, the offered to settle (minus a few quid) there and then. I was SO sure I would be the one they decided to make an example of, but I truly believe we will never see a case with Abbey go to court unless you have seriously b*ggered up your paperwork along the way.

I have to say it was the easiest £900 I've ever made.

Keep the pressure on, the WILL cave in.

amtg

Oh, and I am totally with you on the wine, music and friends thang. Although, I have only undulged in wine tonight and feel a bit squiffy now. Celebrating my partial win over Abbey on my own. What a saddo!!

No not sad Amteegee...its kewl taste os sucess..Think about..Its got to be the easiest money you ever made in your life and all for a few letters and way with words ;)

Cheers :D

Ladidi

Ladidi

god how many you too had then lol maybe you should take up knitting stop u picking up that glass for top up and that early im shocked i never drink much pmsl xxkia

I've only gone and run out of bl**dy merlot. I blame you lot.

Oooh, got some voddie somewhere. Nah. Think I will save myself for a lovely bottle of champers when shABBEY pay the dosh into my account.

Yeehawwwwwwwwwww.

Mornin guys and gals.

Thats last time i drink in middle of week when i gotta go to work. Now I`m up with head ache and I got training today too...sheesh :p

No news is good news and nothing from the Shabbey so far... ;)

Well best go get ready for work..c ya all l8ters

Ladidi :D

Ladidi