HELP NEEDED A.S.A.P plz

Ladidi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean Clare is not he most helpful person?

If the others are on holiday and they have until 23rd which gives them till 1 week Monday to respond I dont suppose it would hurt to wait a few more days until one of the sensible comes back from their holidays unless you mean Clare is the sensible one.

How would I word my email? I have filed at my local county court for the return of my money Abbey have unlawfully taken and Abbey have until 23rd July to respond. I would be prepared to however "Without prejudice" give the Abbey the chance to settle my claim for £5k providing this is agreed and settled within 5 working days.

What do you think Icy?

Ladidi

Ladidi

No Ronan is the one who is a waste of space, have a look at my thread to see the email i sent to inga, a few others have sent this email, if you want to use that feel free

:madgrin:

So you think I should go ahead and send the email to Inga or Clare without waiting for 23/07/207 to come and go?

It wouldn't jeopordise my case though would it?

I`m off to your thread to have a nose ;)

Ladidi

Ladidi

you will prob receive the defence on the 22nd, if they are true to form, attempting to settle out of court wont jeopordise your case, in fact to the contrary a judge would see it as you being fair, and trying every way possible of ending the matter before it goes before court. Dont bother emailing Inga she is on holiday use [email protected]

Hi, I let my claim take its course and Abbey just paid up before having to submit any court bundles. The money came back in cheque form, as I had closed my account with a letter stating they are not admitting liability but was more of a gesture as they didn't want to upset the court system. This was after they had stated they were going to defend, but in the end didn't they just paid out.

Abbey - £539 pending - !!!WON!!!

Halifax - £676 pending - stayed at court

2nd Claim with Halifax - £168 pending

Lloyds TSB - £780 (sisters) !!!WON!!! - Filed waste of costs order (on hold)

Barclays - Barclays filed crap defense - on hold

AND THE BANKS ARE STILL CHARGING!!!!!!!

How very dare you!!

Cheers guys

ICY I have been on thread and rather kinda borrowed your email you sent offering to settle out of court. I am going to send clare a copy of that email but change to put in my details..lol

Fingers crossed adn heres hoping eh

Did you get your settlement int he ned ICY or are you going to court?

Ladidi

Ladidi

Hi Everyone Email Sent this is how I sent it..

Court Ref Number XXXXX

Claim number XXXXXXXX

Acc No XXXXXXXXX

I am writing this email as a final offer of settlement before the case appears before the court, I am making this offer in an effort to reduce the costs to yourself before I prepare the bundle, which as you will be aware will also incur you additional costs. I am aware of the large amount of claims which you are currently dealing with and to assist your workload, I believe it would help all concerned to settle this matter out of court.

It is well documented that you have no intention of ever going to full hearing, shown by the fact that you have settled an extremely large number of claims at the last minute before going to court, and it would be beneficial to all parties, including the court system that this matter is dealt with out of court.

You will be aware that the courts are now starting to dismiss with the allocation questionaire, and upon receiving notification of AQ being dismissed in this case I shall be writing to the court requesting the strike out of your proforma defence as an abuse of process.

My claim amount as of today stands at £5442.13 including court fees and interest, I am prepared to settle this matter for the sum of £5300.00 (Five thousand Three hundred pounds) I am sure you are well aware this figure is rising on a daily basis, and will increase with the cost of completing the bundle, preperation of the bundle, including photocopying costs, ink costs, and the cost of time to prepare the bundle, further court costs and transport and postage costs.

As you can see settling this matter now, would be mutually beneficial.

This is the least amount I am prepared to settle for, for any avoidance of doubt refusal to settle will not stop the legal action against you, I shall be following the legal process to the end.

This settlement offer is valid for a period of 7 days, after this period has expired, the matter will be dealt with by the court system.

I am hoping we can come to an amicable agreement on this matter.

I look forward to receiving your prompt response

Any thoughts anyone??????? I figured I wouldn't go too low in my offer as settlement because they would reduce it anyway..If they offer me near what I am looking for..Well that would be just so kewl :D

I`ll let you know if I get a reply if anything.. I sent email to who ICY recommended ;)

Ladidi

Ladidi

Good luck, no id didnt get a settlement i keep being ignored by them, in fact i think my name has been circulated around the banking world as i am being ignored by Abbye, ashursts, capital1, hsbc and DG solicitors lol

Aw bless ICY hun.

You gave me and my hubby a giggle with your reply..I wonder if they will do the same to us..lol

Well I have no news as of yet, so i reckon with being the weekend I`ll be lucky to get any sort of reply before Monday.

I`ll let you all know if I do get any reply. The Abbey treat you these days is nothing short of lie your common theif for wanting what they took from you and taking forever and a day before they finally give up the ghost and say hey ok you can have your money.

I have already shut eveything down at the Abbey account. My wages and DD have been set up a new account we have and once we have money back I will empty account and say TA TA to them with two fingers to boot.

Ladidi

Ladidi

LMAO everyone you should see reply the Abbey gave me!

I reckon they dont know any other sentences and just spit out the same lines..hahaha

Dear Madam

Without Prejudice

Whilst Abbey National Plc appreciates your offer of settlement, it is insufficiently commercial for it to accept the same. If you wish to continue settlement negotiations I invite you to reconsider your position and put forward a more commercially palatable offer.

Kind regards

Clare Fletcher

Ladidi

Our response..

Dear Ms Fletcher

We appreciate your repsonse to our offer of settlement, However we fail to see why we should be doing the Abbey a favour by offering them a comercially palatable offer.

We feel we are already saving them hundreds of pounds by giving them the chance to settle rather than go into court where it is going to cost them more money as the costs of the bundles and time and ink and paper etc will also be added to costs which will then push up the ammount in our favour due the fact that the Abbey will not go into a court room and disclose their costs incurred for dealing a missed DD or bounced cheque etc.

As our claim stands today the Abbey owe us £5442.13. We feel the lowest we will be prepared to go is at £5150.00. We feel this a just and fair settlement offer due to the fact that when the Abbey had taken our money they did not enter negotioations before taking the money from our account. As over the last 6 years we have lost out on our money we feel that we are rightfully entitled to claim back what is ours.

I must warn you we are fully prepared to go into court to claim back what is rightfully ours.

As you will see from the following links I have enclosed that going to court will go in our favour more than the Abbeys due the facts stated.

BBC NEWS | Business | Judge warns banks over fee cases

BBC NEWS | Business | Judge slams bank payout delays

BBC NEWS | Business | 'Unjust' bank charges criticised

BBC NEWS | Business | Bank claims deluge legal service

We look forward to hearing from you.

• Haha 1

Ladidi

Hiya everyone

We have had no repsonse as of yet. We are not holding our breath as we both know the Abbeys only motto is

"We are keen to help ourselves and take your money, but if you want it back we will make you WAIT!"

We will let you all know as soon as we hear anything.

Ladidi

Ladidi

Glad its not only me that gets ignored, i was starting to think it was personal lol

Dont worry you will get the lot, will just take a little longer

Glad to put your mind at rest ICY..

At least you know it`s not your aftershave or deodorant that was stopping them from replying to you..lol

Knowing the SH"Abbey" we are sure to be in for long wait..

All I know is the longer it takes them the more it is going to cost them.

Ladidi

Ladidi

Hi everyone.

I sent another email this morning to Clare reminding her that our offer will only stand for 7 days.

I have just got home from work and logged on and guess what....

YUP ICY you guessed right..not even hi there thanks for letting us know kiss me a**..nothing...

I reckon they must have sused I seeking advice from you and avoided me altogether..lmao

Well they can run but they cant hide forever cos we are COMING FOR OUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladidi

Ladidi

I think i better change my name, i guess the banking world are planning a hitman to shut me up, wonder how much my price ticket would be lol, i'll bet its non refundable pmsl

LOl, i LOVED that email, excellent, sometimes we are too damned polite to these people

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

LOl, i LOVED that email, excellent, sometimes we are too damned polite to these people

YUP I agree. Only way to win is play them at their own game..I`m gonna turn tables once they pay out and make them wait for their OD money back until the very last minute like they made us wait and say tot hem well dont treat your customers with such contempt and they wont do it you..

there is an old saying they would do good to remember..

"Dont do to others what you wouldn't want done to yourself"..

It goes something like that, anyway.

Ladidi

Ladidi

it is "Do to others as you would be done by"

or even, very pertinent in this case "What goes around comes around"

but i would pay the o/d back as they will keep charging you interest

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

you got a point I forgot about that...lol

No point in giving them any more money than they already have had out of me..I guess I could win one over by stating that thanks for the money empty account and give em back their cards and say not worth hanging onto..I dont blame the staff in the branch the have been great and I pesonally got to knwo a couple of them over the years..but their policies have changed somewhat rediculous and they treat their customers with contempt for dare to ask for what is righfully theirs..

Ladidi

PS Thanks for the comment, my first since joining :D :D

Ladidi

Hiya Everyone

I just thought I would let you know I have managed to get hold of

Clare Fletchers Telephone Number 02077564306

Ronan Coyles Telephone Number 02077564398

Inga Kirkmans Telephone Number 02077564332

Anyone waiting on a response from Inga kirkman will be in for a bit of a wait she is on leave till 23/07/2007

Sorry for telling you that but I thought you should know so that you know why your waiting for a response.

Ladidi

• Haha 1

Ladidi

Some useful information there Ladidi, no good for me, my discussions with them are over, unless of course it is offering me ALL my money, i am sick of toying with them, gloves are off now, luckily they dont treat everyone in the same manner they have treated me

Hiya ICY

I can understand how you feel. When it comes to them declining your offer of settelment they take a fewm inutes t answer but when it comes to the other way round they take forever..

Flamin useless the lot of em unless they taking you money. I`ll bet the briefs handling this wouldn't be happy if they was toying with them the way they do us.

Ladidi

Ladidi

Sorry just me being bitter, i am sick of their treatment of us, i am glad i only have one claim with abbey, i think if i had to put up with this crew at asshurts again i would be camping out on their doorstep yelling for my money, and making sure everyone heard it lol