HSBC - Court on 2.8.07

m.neville610
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Have had a court date of the 2.8.07 and the letter states that paperwork has to be exchanged by all parties 2 weeks before the court date. I have been reading up on all the paperwork that i need to prepare but was wondering if it would be better if i get it in order now and send it or would it be better if i send it at the last minute.

What would anyone advise? If i send it now would i get an offer sooner than i would if i leave it. Not desperate for the money but would like to get this over and done with.:-?

its a bout 600 pages in total (3 lots of 200) so i would suggest to keep reading up and wait till nearer the time hsbc may offer in full before the court date so send them a new nudge letter telling of the impending court date if you need a link to these type of letters they are located in this thread

just edit the letter to your needs and include a schedule of charges and send via recorded delivery. i would suggest posting your letter on here so we can take a look at it and suggest any changes to it before you post out.

hope this helps

Thanks for all the info. It really helped. Have read through it and the different letter. I have already sent a 'gee up' letter to DG and also another after i had the letter from the court telling me they were doing away with the AQ. What letter do i send now though? I can't find one thats within the lines of that we have a court date and i think we should settle before that date. Can you help? Also i was reading that even though the AQ is not required i would be required to pay the fee but i have not been asked for any monies for this. Should i have been?

Here is a copy of mine which includes about my hearing:-

DG Solicitors

12 Calthorpe Road

Edgbaston

Birmingham

B15 1QZ

(date)

Re: xxxxxxxxxx- v - HSBC

account no: xxxxxxxxxxxx

claim no: xxxxxxxxxxxx, Filing date:xx.xx.2007.

As you have not replied to my letters dated xx.xx.xx and xx.xx.xx, I thought that I might take the opportunity to write to you again, in the hope that you will respond to this matter.

I am aware that you have a vast number of claims with which you are currently dealing with, and in order to resolve this matter more quickly, I am still willing to accept the sum of £xxxx.xx in full and final settlement. Please note that I do not agree to waive my rights in respect of any other actions, nor do I agree to a clause of confidentiality.

Also, as I am sure you are aware, we have a preliminary hearing on xx.xx.xx at xx:xxam at xxxxxxxxxx County Court, of which I am looking forward too, but in order to expeditethis claim, I hope we can come to a reasonable conclusion.

I hope to hear from you very soon so that a reasonable conclusion to this claim might be achieved. I am sure that the courts would approve of our settling this matter in a timely manner and without their further intervention.

I have again enclosed a copy of the schedule of charges. This schedule also shows the total of my claim to date, being the original claim amount (£xxxx.xx), the daily interest total to date (£xx.xx) and the court fee (£xxx.xx).

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

With kind regards,

Yours sincerely,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

I think FL means the AQ fee. If your AQ has been dispensed with, some courts still want the fee to be paid, so give them a ring and ask.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Thanks for everyones advise. I will give the court a ring tomorrow. And get to work on the letter to DG. Another thing i would like to discuss is; i have a loan with HSBC but no current acount any longer with them. The loan is now in the hands DG as i defaulted on the payments over a year ago but i do pay them a weekly amount now. Will they take the money they have to pay me back (4K) and pay it to my loan (i don't want them to do this). I have heard that some banks , if you have a loan account and a current accoung with them, pay your money back into your current account and then automatically take it out and pay it to the loan account you have with them. Is this true and are they within their rights to do this?

i believe they can but if you ask for the amount in a cheque they may be oblidged to give it you there is a thread on here somewhere with this explained in detail but i cant find it - maybe someone else knows where it is and will post a link for you.:confused:

Hi neville,

Is it a full hearing oyu have or is it a pre lim hearing? as it migh be worth considering asking the court ( judge) for a draft directions order...... all the information on this is on the site.........

this could speed the whole thing up.........:)

rockin all over the world

hello neville,

how long did it take to get your court date after being told your case weas being transferred to your local court?

mines been a couple of weeks now with no news.