LLoyds solicitors offered to settle...BUT

alemanita
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a settlement letter of Lloyds solicitors on the 10th of May.

They asked me to sign and return it which i did the next day. I sent it by recorded delivery and i know they have received it.

It's been 5 weeks now and after god knows how many phone calls and a fax that i expect payment within 7 days (which would be tomorrow) i have not seen a penny...

they basically just put me on mute for a few minutes and tell me they ring me back to see what the hold up is. Of course they never do.

What shall i do next? I'm so frustrated as i feel they just taking the P***

My court date is on the 16th of July but Lloyds have not sent their documents...

I feel lost at what to do next !!!! Help please xxxx

HI I would writw them a letter, stating that you have previously replied to a settlement offer giving them the date of the offer, and that if payment is not recieved within 7 days you will proceed to court. keep 3 copies for you and the court bundles. If you dont get a response continue on to the courts.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've already faxed them a letter saying i expect payment within 7 days or i will take legal action accordingly. That was 2 weeks ago though. They rang me on Friday to tell me they never received my signed settlement form and could i fax it again, which i did.

Since it was 4.30pm when i faxed it and offices were closed i give it another couple of days or so to see if the money goes in.

I don't have much hope but you never know :-|

May be a rather obvious thing to suggest... but are you sure the money hasn't simply been transferred into your account?

I had a full claim amount suddenly appear in a different account to this I was claiming on - no word, no letter - nothing. It's only because I check online every other day or so that I spotted it!

Hi Mark,

I only have one bank account with Lloyds, i opened a parachute account before i started to claim but Lloyds don't know about that.

I check online about 5 times a day (i know it's sad) because i do hope it goes in any time.

I give it til Friday and see where i take it from there.

Thanks for replying

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I received a "Stictly Without Predjudice" letter today from [problem] offering to pay up including interest and MCOL fee if I go and see my branch for a "review" of my account and agree to be a nice boy and not cause anymore trouble and accept future charges if I incurr them.

They say contact them at my convenience "...but no later than (date)"

They do say the bank will transfer the money directly to my account BUT, they don't say by when. Crafty!!??

I have to say, I don't want to sign it as when I get the money I want to spread all corresondence over the CAG website!

Any thoughts anyone?

Eric.

GREAT NEWS :)

Lloyds have finally settled!!!

I asked for £2420 but they paid £3200 plus £750 GOGW :D

So they basically almost doubled my claim...

I'm so glad it's over especially as i had to wait nearly two months to wait for my money after i sent of acceptance of settlement.

I have no idea why they increased the claim pward

Either i'm terrible at maths or they are.

I'm surprised they never deducted the £750 they already paid me four months earlier... I'm baffled but happy.

Can someone please tell me how much you usually donate?

I'm sure somewhere on here it said but i can't find it.

I have no idea why they increased the claim pward

Either i'm terrible at maths or they are.

I'm surprised they never deducted the £750 they already paid me four months earlier... I'm baffled but happy.

Can someone please tell me how much you usually donate?

I'm sure somewhere on here it said but i can't find it.

Unusual that they have overpaid you - I would recheck your figures and not spend the excess until you are sure that it is yours to spend, but CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LONG WAITED WIN.:) :)

Regards the donation we suggest just 5% of your win, but in the words of a large supermarket chain - every litle helps. Thankyou

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.