Can I Claim Back `Late Payment Charges`?

N.P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi People,

I was just wondering, could I claim back any Late Payment Charges?

I have a 3 Year Buy Now Pay Never with Cetelem, which is £31 pounds a month. The account still has approximately 12 months left.

The problem is, a few months ago, I missed a payment and they instantly added on a £30 late payment charge and because I refused to pay it they added another £30 with 2 weeks of the first.

This is now upto £120 the last time I checked, which I beleive to be a total P*** Take!

Do Late Payment charges also fall under the title of UnLawfull and can they be reclaimed?

I also have some Late Payment Charges with Egg who I also plan to invade.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Ciao for now

Neil.

:p

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Thanks for that Gez, I thought I could, I just wanted to make sure before I tell Cetelem to Sod Off!!

Many thanks

Neil.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Yes any charge/penalty that is disproportionate to the costs incurred is wrong, no matter who it is.

Let them have it

My YB account: S.A.R. 11/10/06: Prelim 09/02/07: LBA 17/02/07

Wifes YB account: S.A.R. 11/10/06: Prelim 23/11/06: LBA 27/11/06: Offer Rejection 17/12/06: MCOL 09/02/07

Joint YB account: S.A.R. 11/10/06: Prelim 09/02/07: LBA 17/02/07

My FD account: Settled

Wifes FD account: Settled

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I don`t know what to make of this.

I haven`t been updating this thread and I haven`t responded at all to Cetelem, so I never thought it would be worth adding anything.

Since the last entry I have received a few more letters from Cetelem, basically adding more charges due to the continued non-payment of this account.

The last letter I received was approximately 1 month ago, which read something like due to my lack of co-operation and non-payment they are giving me one more chance to settle this account. It went on to say if I paid in full I would receive a 25% saving on the full amount. This fee must be paid immediately to avoid further charges being levied.

Anyway, I was really bored by this time, so I ignored that one too. Hah hah.

Anyway, thinking nothing more of it, last week I locked onto my Cetelem account just out of interest to see how much these Richard Craniums had lashed on me so far, and to my surprise, the arrears was zero.

I have six more payments left on the account of £31, but there was £218 left to pay, this will be including the missed payment.

I checked again, at the weekend and again just now, and it is still zero arrears.

I have not received any more letters or calls since the last one mentioned in this post, so I don`t know what to make of it to be honest.

Maybe they realised they were onto a loser with there charges.

Anyway, just thought I`d drop a line to everyone.

I look forward to hearing your comments.

Regards

N.P.