Courts can't cope with volume of claims

puzz1ed1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a notice from Basildon County Court this morning to say the case was being transferred to Southend County Court - so phoned both to see what was going on.

Basildon have transferred all their bank charge related cases to Southend as they are not a big enough court to handle them.

Southend are holding all claims until 27 June as there as so many and "the District Judge would never get anything else done if he looked at them as they came in, so is leaving them all to one side and will spend the day looking at them all". The Clerk I spoke to also suggested that the Judge is hoping one of the banks might defend a claim as this will change how they are all handled, yet admitted it is unlikely.

So back to the waiting game. Wonder where it'll be transferred to next? When Abbey filed it was for Hull CC and then moved to Basildon when I challenged it. Won't be able to get to Southend due to disability anyway, so that could be interesting....

Steve

Only my opinion. If this continues, and you can be certain that the number of claims will rise, then something has got to give.

The impact on the courts must be incredible, and I wonder how that is affecting other crime cases etc.

This may well force the issue to be settled!

Other views, any thoughts or firm information.

Good luck to all.

Hi puzz1ed1

Did you say that Abbey filed their defence and applied to go to court in Hull??

That would obviously because they heard of the judge up at Hull CC was threatening to throw all the bank charge cases out.

Glad you managed to get it moved.

The cheeky b'stards, it never ceases to amaze me how far the banks will go!!

I also wonder what effect this is having on the royal mail. Each banker's head office must now have a dedicated postman who's only job is to stand there all day collecting signatures for all the recorded delivery letters..

Steve hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction.

The whole thing is a mess.

What it is doing is making the courts fully aware of the issue of unlawful charges. It follows that the politicians have noticed this mass protest by everyone.

They ignore it at their peril!;)

I phoned MCOL earlier to find out what was happening with my case, and she told me they had 800 defences to deal with, but didn't say over what period of time... When I called back to check they got my fax, the answering message said that their website was currently disrupted because of the high traffic... :shock:

Hi puzz1ed1

Did you say that Abbey filed their defence and applied to go to court in Hull??

That would obviously because they heard of the judge up at Hull CC was threatening to throw all the bank charge cases out.

Glad you managed to get it moved.

The cheeky b'stards, it never ceases to amaze me how far the banks will go!!

Not quite - they're the claimant on this one, and decided to take me to court for my unsettled overdraft comprised entirely (I believe) of charges. They filed at Hull, but after I sent in defense disputing an unspecified amount on account of their failure to respond to SAR it got moved. Heard nothing more from them or their solicitors on it - despite them asking for a one month stay to settle they have made no attempt to!

I rang the court today to find out progress on my claim. Allocation was due in on 17 May guy on the phone said that it was in box to go to district judge. He is looking at Allocation Questionnaires from 10 May and it will be about two weeks before he is up to my date. Last week lady at the court said the diary is full for court hearings until wait for it November!! I am so disheartened as there is no way that my bank are going to do anything until they get some sort of direction and what if they wait until just before the hearing to settle. Thing is they have already offered me just over half fees back. However this is the difference between charge and £12. and they aren't including unauthorised overdraft charge or paid item charge. So losing out on about £600.00 when they have previously settled claims for all the charges.

I think something should be done about this blatent manipulation of the court system by the banks. I cannot blame solicitors its just a job to them and a pretty thankless one at that and the judges and clerical staff at the courts must be pretty fed up of it too!!