HELP!!!! Natwest Called me to arrange meeting

amanda8t1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok so I recieved a standard letter today (reading other posts i've seen very simalar letters) saying that they've formally withdrawn my goodwill gesture of £38 boo hoo!!!

and asking me to reconsider legal action.

I have two questions; 1. do I start legal action now or wait until 30 of June (14th day after LBA)?

2. I have since incured two more charges at £38 each can I claim for these too or do I have to go through the whole process again?

I might be tempted TBH to just file now - as the letter you have received can clearly be accepted as the response to your LBA and represents the bank's position. Therefore there is no requirement to wait until the deadline is expired.

Also, just whack on the two £38 charges - and advise the bank in a one paragraph letter referring to their earlier letter in which they withdraw the offer. Inform them of the fact that you have filed against them, and include a summary/schedule of charges from which you calculated the amount you are claiming (including the latest 2 x £38).

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Ok so the time has come it seems I am filing a claim in court so I'm on Money claim Online but I'm stuck...

Will my claim include any issues under the Human Rights Act 1998?

and when I ticked yes for claiming interest it says I have to include:

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from {date when the money became owed to you} to {the date you are issuing the claim} of £ {put the amount} and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of {enter the daily rate of interest}.

so how do I word this since I am claiming interest from different dates?

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from date of each charge to 27th Jun 2006 of £168.75 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.022%.

The amount, obviously, is my made-up figure. When you enter the totals into the claim, remember to add this amount on!! I forgot and had to spend £35 changing it.

Oh, and Human Rights Issues? NOPE.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so I've recieved an acknowledgement but no defence yet they have 28days from date of issue which takes us to 2nd August if they haven't entered defence before then what do I do?

Click Start under judgement?

No, not quite right... they have 28 days from date of SERVICE - that is the "date claim deemed served" on the Notice of Issue.

After that runs out then yes, you can click "Start" to begin a Judgement. It will not be judgement by admission.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok So I called the helpline from online court and they advised me to write them another letter threatning extra action (bayliffs) they replied within days with a cheque for the full amount including fees I put it in the bank and it cleared same day next step is for me to click donation button hope they take paypal THANKS every one