wrighty v halifax credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone!

Just a quick note to let everyone know that i am at the stage of court action now but interestingly i received a letter the other day offering me only £290 when the charges they have made are about £580.I then decided to phone them just to say to them that £290 was not enough and were they prepared to negotiate on the offer and straight away they said that they could offer me £580 but as full settlement but i declined because with all the interest and everything it is in the region of £1000 that i am claiming and they were not willing to pay the interest or the other £12 charges which they claim to be fair.:mad:

Have you actually started a claim at the courts.

If you haven't and they offered you the full amount you should have accepted it.

The 8% interest can only be awarded by the court, and I dont think a judge would look favourably that you declined there offer of payment for the ammount you were asking for, just so you could get extra interest.

UNLESS you are cliaming Contractural interest and/or default removal as well

Paul

Have you filed at court yet?

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Pkea! Just to let you know that they only offered me the £25 charges not the £12 ones and not the interest on the charges.Thanks for the reply

Ok then, if you asked for all your charges (£25 and £12 ones) you are ok to decline their and carry on to the courts

Keep us posted

Paul

Hi sea-sidelady! Just to let you know that i have not filed my n1 form as yet because i am waiting for payday which is about the 15/06 so will be doing it then.What stage did it take to get back your charges?

If they offer all the charges but no interest on the charges as requested on lba(not the 8%) should i accept this then?

Yes, You can only claim the 8% interest when you file at court.

This is only awarded by the Judge.

Paul

"Wisdom Begins In Wonder"

My advice is based on my personal experience and should be taken as such.

If I have helped you, Please click the Scales

Hi everyone!

Was just wondering if anyone knew if you can claim the interest on the charges or if the only interest you can claim is the 8% when it goes to court? Please let me know if you have any idea.THANKS

You put an extra 0. ;)

Its 0.00022

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Please can anyone help me? I am filling in the n1 form and reached the particulars of the claim section and on the section 5 part c it says claimant claims interest under sec69 of the county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from the date when the money became owed to you. What date do i insert on that particular section? Is it the date of the first charge made on the account?

Hi everyone!!! Does anyone know how long i have got to wait once i have taken in the n1 form because i have taken it in today but a bit confused because the guy in the court said the bank has 14 days but i thought it was 28 days. Could anyone help me? Please!!!

This is what Seaside Lady put on my thread....

Ok so what happens next.....:wink:

The court will do everything for you. They send copies to the bank, and they will send you a copy.

Your copy will have the date it is deemed served. This is the date you need now. This is your countdown date.

They have 14 days to acknowledge from this date.

If they dont acknowledge then you can file the letter demanding payment. :grin:

If they do acknowledge,

They have 28 days from countdown date!

So it is a waiting game again now.