Halifax 3 here we come

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, we're finding it hard trying to keep track of all our claims i don't know how some of you do it!

having got woolwich claim rolling we are now hitting halifax:

1 basic account and 2 credit cards

HAlifax 1;SAR sent 20/4/07. Statements received and Request for charges of £2629.83 repaid sent 09/05/07 . Haven't heard anything so have just sent LBA yesterday (04/06/07) so lets wait and see:rolleyes:

HAlifax card 1 and 2; SAR sent 09/05/07 they cashed the £10 cheq about the 20th may but nothing untill today when we get a letter saying;

"We are currently experiencing a high number of similar requests and it may take a little time to process your request.........." bla bla :-D i bet they are, shouldn't have over charged us all in the first place!!!:-D

Do you think it's worth us giving them a ring?

If they are that busy then I doubt if a call would have much effect at this stage.

I would give it until the 40 days are up and if nothing received send them the Non Compliance letter.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

thanks for that PPMAN159,

was getting a bit eager then after reading some of the threads !!

how can there be such a difference between how they treat one claim and another? surely they can't justify this!?:???:

cheers:-)

• Haha 1

At present there is no logic to the way that they treat claims or claimants for that matter because I am sure that all claims go through the same process whether it is for a bank acount or a credit card.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

• 2 weeks later...

hello all,

:confused: lost track of halifax a bit as have been sorting court papers for our other claim:Druids36Vwoolwich/barclays.

Anyway it's been very quiet post wise. in fact the halifax have sent nothing on all 3 accounts, so thats court proceeding starting tomorrow on the current account and 2 letters of non compliance to the credit cards!!!:cool: as we are well over time scales!

We have spent some time on the phone to them tho. Interesting conversation with the visa complaints dept. (phone number from this site)they said "if we had just phoned them first we wouldn't have had to wait the 40 days and they would have not only sent out the statements but an offer too"??!!!!!:rolleyes:

"but as we hadn't we would have to wait for the other dept' to play catch up and send them through:mad: and they take ages" -noooo really:rolleyes:

On phoning the main complaints dept. on another issue, having mention we are requesting fees returned we were told "We hope to resovle things quickly and satisfactually so that you will be a happy customer once more" How nice, believe it when i see it .

Will let you all know how things go Druids36

HELP ANYONE OUT THERE

just trying to do the spread sheets and we've just noticed that we do'nt know what the charges are for. it just says "Carges as Notified" Does this matter? on the spread sheet it has them in detail as to what they were for ?? Sorry i'm rambering a bit ! Feeling a bit paniced over court and how serious it's all getting !

Can anyone please advise ?

THANK YOU TILLY,

there are people still out there, you haven't all run off enjoying the money or given up!! :D

I was trying to get them all typed in while 15mth old

wasasleep but he's now helping me type!!!!!!! with his foot!?

i just over write them on the computer and it saves me some typing!

h ...........0..0000000000000g r6uhjuy

jnbvbbvc

going now while he's pinned down:D

thanks druids

Hello everyone, progress report: ( without the toddler's help!)

Halifax 1; the 14 days are up well last week actually so N1 next but we are out of funds completely so unless anyone knows of ways round lack of money for court fees then we've stalled:oops:

Did have a "go jump" letter from them on this account. Best statement was "I am sorry you are unhappy." no you b***** not you patronising ****&%£*~#, but you would be to if it was your money.

Sorry back to calm now.

Halifax 2 ; a half baked reply to SAR saying "we don't think we've done wrong but as a good will gesture we offer £153 which is half of the total charges incured." Is it well suppose you should know BUT WHERE ARE THE STATEMENTS TO SHOW THAT..... OH YOU FORGOT TO INCLUDE THEM!! yer i believe you you would never lie your a bank:rolleyes:

Halifax 3; NOTHING diddly quat.

So guess thats 2 letters of non compliance then:evil: and a stalled court action pending.

Any suggestions?

sorry to be a pain but .......................:o

if they have made an offer of settlement ( they say it's half!) but not sent any reply to the S.A.R. (no statements or anything) and the 40 days are over am i correct in sending template letter 3?

Should i also send a seperate "shove it where the sun doeth shine" or add it in to the letter ?

Am i making any sense ?? sorry poorly child, lack of sleep, head fogg!!!

Yes and Yes!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

ok i promise only 2 more questions tonight .............

how much does the non-compliance order normaly cost ?

and i get that you send it to the bank but am i right in thinking you complain to a third party too and if so- who and how ????????????

don't want them to get away with out a telling off!

druid (running on caffeine)

Hi Druid,

I had exactly the same issue with Halifax non-compliance with the DPA 40 day rules - you DO have to send a LBA for non-compliance and THEN give then time to respond before issuing. Just going for it when the 40 days is up WITHOUT chasing them at this stage would probably mean that claim is thrown out.

The way I did it was;

- sent letter 7 days before 40 day period was up saying that they had so far failed to comply and telling them I would complain to the Information Commissioner's Office if they took longer than allowed.

- sent a second letter on the 41st day giving them 14 days to supply statements or I'd issue proceedings through the Small Claims process. I also enclosed a copy of the complaint form, along with all this correspondance, that I'd sent to the ICO.

- they did respond saying the statements had been ordered and would be with me "soon". I took this as meaning that they'd handled my complaint - which was upheld by the ICO by the way - and actioned it, but it still took another few days to receive them.

I'm not sure how far you are with this, but I'd say you at least need to write to them once in the form of a letter before action. How long it takes to either receive the statements or have the order issued at the Court is a toss-up, really... I decided to wait and didn't have to go via the Court.