Rockinrodders Vs Barclaycard

rockinrodders
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SAR request sent on 11th May to Barclaycard Northampton address. included a photocopy of my drivers licence, plus a full list of all my previous addresses. Unfortunately the account was closed in 2003 and I do not have the card number.

Received a letter back yesterday saying they had no record of an account held by me at any of my addresses.

Obviously that's rat$hit as I have actually had two cards with them in the past although the first one was closed in about 1999, the second one was closed in 2003.

I even had a debt collection company contact me out of the blue about a year ago asking for payment of an outstanding balance of about £800 and place a default on my credit file. After complaining to Barclaycard and the DCA they eventually agreed that there had been an admin problem when I made the final settlement payment, they hadnt closed the account properly and the annual fee or whatever had been charged and had been spiralling for 3 years. They agreed it was a mistake and wiped all the adverse data etc straight away and apologised.

So how can they now say that I never had an account with them?

muppets!

I am having the same trouble with NatWest.

I dont know if it works but what about sending them a copy of the default from your credit file and ask them to explain - why if they did not supply you with a credit card have they placed a default on your credit file? I assume that it is under Barclaycard card services?

If you are still having difficulty then e-mail [email protected] I gave her a wrong account number and she was able to find my account after I supplied her with all my previous address'.

Good Luck!:)

I re-read the letter that Barclaycard sent to me and noticed that it actually said that they could not locate my account and because it had been closed since 2003/4 they would no longer keep any details on it!

I thought they legally had to keep information for 6 years?

I rang the customer relations office at Barclaysham to follow up on why they couldn't locate my account. After a couple of minutes on hold, they found my account and it was still being handled by collections.

They said they couldn't find it as it was sold to a debt collector. Now the account was actually sold in error to the debt collector AFTER it was closed and I had paid off the balance. Its a long story.....

Anyway barclaycard said that although they can see that they had made an error and had not even thought to check with the collections area for the account, I would still have to send them the SAR request again, because they returned the cheque when they replied last time saying they had no record of an account.

Surely the original 40 day timescale is still in operation? Them not finding the account was purely a delaying tactic. They located it no problem when I rang them.

• 2 weeks later...

Barclaycard sent me a load of statements, but only relating to 2004 onwards, so they're all blank because the account was closed in 2003

They reckoned it might be another 6 weeks for them to get the older data off their microfiche.

Its been 36/37 days sonce they received the SAR so Im not waiting another 6 weeks. Shall I write them the non-compliance letter or just get the ball rolling on with a prelim for charges and claim an amount 'to be confirmed'??

• 2 weeks later...

Its been well over 40 days and I still havent got the microfiche statements and this is where all my charges were as the account closed in 2002. It was the last 12 months where I think a lot of charges at least late payment and overlimit each month every month.

Does anybody know what their standard penalty charge was in 2002 ish? I will then write prelim based on estimate. They havent supplied the credit agreement either and that well well outside the timescale required.

I wrote to ICO but they just say they'll write to them and ask them to hurry up

Just to let you know that it took 98 for my statements to arrive from a closed a/c, and that happened after I issued an LBA for non-compliance of LBA and threatened to report them to the IC.

You will get your statemtns but you will probably need to work hard to get them ...

After the intial delaying tactics of saying they couldn't find my account, I called and they found it in seconds. I sent a combined LBA for non compliance with a further demand for statements. They sent the first part of the statements within a couple of weeks, but unfortunately they were all from 2004+ but the account was closed in 2002-3 so all the statements were blank!

It is the older microfiche stuff that I am waiting for that they reckon 'we are not required to supply as we believe that it falls outside the DPA but as a gesture of goodwill we will supply what we can but will take a long time'

But the big charges period is 2001-2 and obviously they are taking as much time as they can so they can refuse to supply the earlier ones as they are outside the 6 year scope. Every month they delay they think they are saving themselves 2 x £20 for charges that become over 6 years

I received the rest of my statements today dating back to 2002 when I opened the account. There was only £300 in charges.

When I settled the account in 2003 I paid them £163 short as agreed with them as full and final settlement with the DCA that was chasing the debt at the time.

I am not sure whether to bother reclaiming the charges or if its best to let sleeping dogs lie as presumably they will try and offset any repayment against the balance they wrote off in 2002.

I do not have a default on this account and am concerned that they might try and give me one in retaliation if I take them to court to reclaim charges.

Any else had similar experiences?