Easy Money!

Lazaruseifer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi mate - if they offer you a refund of all charges after LBA, you really should accept this as the court wouldn't look favourably on your claim if nat west had already offered you the full amount.

If you're absolutely sure of your figures (1362) - you need to decide whether to reject their offer and file at court for the full amount plus 8% interest, or whether to accept the 1300.

I don't feel that I can advise you either way as there are 2 schools of thought on this. Some would say pay £120 to file at court and pursue them for the additional £62 (it's a long but well trodden path and you'd receive support from this forum every step of the way), others would say it's a 'good enough' offer. At the end of the day, this is your claim and you have to decide what you want to do.

I'm sorry if I haven't been very helful, but I really do think that this needs to be your call.

Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi Laz

You say your original claim was for £1800 including interest - did that include interest they had charegd you (ie overdraft inetrest or contractual interest) or was it statutory s69 8% interest?

If they have offered you £1362 on a claim of £1800 then you are well within what is reasonable to carry on. We have just won against GE Capital Bank undr exactly those circumstances (more so actually as they actually paid us a cheque for the charegs minus interes rather than just offering it - we still went on and won the inetrest as well)

As hedgey says, it's up to you but IMHO, if it is interest on the charges, it is also your money unlawfully taken.

Steven