no credit agreement..wot now???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Hello Yaff,have sent a copy of your cca letter to Mr Newton-Jones,chief executive.Asking him for a final response and what he intends to do with the account after his employees have set embarrassing,irresponsible and illegal stanards for his company..and how the whole situation will effect his companys reputation!!take care xx

I am also having problems with Littlewoods after the calls me at an early hour on a saturday about 8 months ago and asked me would I like to take my then deferred payments over a longer term. Yes I replied and went back to sleep...

It wasnt until a few months had passed that I noticed I owed far more than I originally paid for my TV and rang to query it. I told them I didnt want any finance and to give me my money back. Too late she said, I should have queried it within two months.

I then decided to leave the matter as there was nothing I could do (yes I rolled over as requested) but since finding this site, Im determined to get my money back.

The account is not in arrears and I have continued making the correct monthly payments but I still owe £1270 for a tv I have had for a year that only cost £1500 originally.

I have today written asking for my money back as I didnt sign a credit agreement, do you think I still have a case despite the timescale??

So was you orignally paying the TV off interest free, then they said you could spread your payments over a longer term? Spreading the payments over a longer term resulted in you paying interest.

The debt exists and should be paid, you cannot use not having an agreement as an excuse for not paying or wanting your money back.

If you want a refund i assume you will be sending the TV Back?

• 2 weeks later...
:p hello Yaff,i`ve still not heard anything,i heard from TS,they wrote saying that i had accepted their offer of paying through their DCA...I said "on yer bike lady",so am still lurking in "no-mans land",how are you getting on?hope you`re fine,take care,Trojan xx:)

have sent a letter off to the information commissioner,i still have`nt heard anything from any department of littlewoods,i thought that if i stopped paying someone would be in touch,so i thought if they were investigated left,right and centre they might give me an answer to my offer,but not throughthe dca,bye xx

:mad: aahhhrgh these people are starting to do my head in...received a letter this morning from NDR saying that...you have missed a payment.In future you will be charged £12 if you do not make your payment on time.Please see the terms and conditions in the back of the book.:mad:

what action can i take now? no-body is replying to my letters,I have written to NDR saying they can`t enforce due to no credit agreement,have written to Kim Jones of the directors office,who told me there was no credit agreement and Mr Newton-Jones the chief executive,thay don`t reply to nothing.:o My chest feels like it`s going to explode,i want to scream down the phone....there`s no f*****g agreement so stop harrassing me.I am prepared to pay for the goods that I have had but WON`T pay through a DCA.:| Can somebody help me,or do I just sit back and find some prozac??!!:oops:

:mad: aahhhrgh these people are starting to do my head in...received a letter this morning from NDR saying that...you have missed a payment.In future you will be charged £12 if you do not make your payment on time.Please see the terms and conditions in the back of the book.:mad:

what action can i take now? no-body is replying to my letters,I have written to NDR saying they can`t enforce due to no credit agreement,have written to Kim Jones of the directors office,who told me there was no credit agreement and Mr Newton-Jones the chief executive,thay don`t reply to nothing.:o My chest feels like it`s going to explode,i want to scream down the phone....there`s no f*****g agreement so stop harrassing me.I am prepared to pay for the goods that I have had but WON`T pay through a DCA.:| Can somebody help me,or do I just sit back and find some prozac??!!:oops:

You need to take a breath and calm down.

Littlewoods cannot do anything they dont have an agreement. What you need to do is write a letter to NDR and bascially telling them that a dormant company cannot have any accounting transactions therefore you are not going to deal with them and only deal with Littlewoods (you should bear in mind they are the same company!!). Have Littlewoods finally admitted in writing that they dont have a credit agreement? If they have and they still pursue the debt the only other course of action i can see if all else fails is take them to court to obtain an injunction.

Dont tell them you are willing to pay for the goods....no credit agreement....no debt.

I am just joining in to say what has happened to me, this should be treated as a warning when dealing with Littlewoods.

8th May - They wrote enclosing a blank agreement

14th May - Wrote and admitted they hadn't got a signed and dated copy and wrote off the debt.

23rd May - sent the same letter as 8th May.

7th July received letter posted 5th July but dated 15th May enclosing a true signed copy of an agreement.

I'll leave it to your own imagination has to what has occurred. Needless to say it is with TS at the moment. I have posted this on various Littlewoods Threads so as to warn enough people as possible.

I am just joining in to say what has happened to me, this should be treated as a warning when dealing with Littlewoods.

8th May - They wrote enclosing a blank agreement

14th May - Wrote and admitted they hadn't got a signed and dated copy and wrote off the debt.

23rd May - sent the same letter as 8th May.

7th July received letter posted 5th July but dated 15th May enclosing a true signed copy of an agreement.

I'll leave it to your own imagination has to what has occurred. Needless to say it is with TS at the moment. I have posted this on various Littlewoods Threads so as to warn enough people as possible.

:-o HI, just wondered, the signed copy that they have now sent, was it your signature on the document???

Trouble was when I started dealing with Littlewoods early March, I was new to all this stuff and I was unaware of the pitfalls. I know a lot of people advocate not signing letters, which I have not done of late, but my early correspondence back in March and April correspondence does have my signature on. This is why I am now saying to everyone don't sign anything. However, I do feel that Littlewoods have shot themselves in the foot with this one the fact that I have 3 letters where they couldn't provide signed agreements and then post me one on 5th July but dated it a day after they wrote the debt off. Morons spring to mind.

Trouble was when I started dealing with Littlewoods early March, I was new to all this stuff and I was unaware of the pitfalls. I know a lot of people advocate not signing letters, which I have not done of late, but my early correspondence back in March and April correspondence does have my signature on. This is why I am now saying to everyone don't sign anything. However, I do feel that Littlewoods have shot themselves in the foot with this one the fact that I have 3 letters where they couldn't provide signed agreements and then post me one on 5th July but dated it a day after they wrote the debt off. Morons spring to mind.

Thanks for this, I did think that was the case but just wanted to check. on all my letters someone else has been signing for me...........:-o

:confused: i`ve been looking for one of your letter this morning Yaff,it`s taken me an hour and i still can`t find it,i`m sure i read a bitch of a letter from you to NDR,can i have a copy of it please,thanks xx

I dont know if you Littlewooders are aware but they have been asked by the Information Commissioners Office to sign a formal undertaking that they intend on complying with the Data Protection Act 1998, this was in June and in my case and many others they have failed to adhere to it.

I'm writing a stern letter to the Information Commissioners Office highlighting this and i feel it would make more of an impact if i could enclose some names of others experiencing the same problem of erroneous data being processed.

I am finding that dealing with these regulatory bodies on an individual basis is not having the desired effect, by compiling a mass complain as you have seen on CAG with the credit cards and banks can only benefit us at the end of the day.

If anyone would like thier name enclosed please PM or email if you have my email address.

Once the letter is drafted anyone who has opted in will be able to view and comment before i send it.

Yaff.

Any details you give me will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.

thanks for that Surprise,unfortunately I know I have signed letters at the beginning and am now holding my breath hoping that the same does`nt happen to me as it has you,best of luck on that.:) I have at last received a letter from TS,they say....I would like to emphasis the remit for us here at norfolk county council trading standards.If you are not supplied with copies of credit agreements as set out in the CCA 1974 the agreement would be considered unenforceable.Norfolk trading standards can and would make the creditor aware of our opinion.However if the creditor disagreed with our opinion it would be for a court to decide.This would normally take the form of the creditor attempting to enforce the debt through the courts and being judged as unable to do so.We are ,in relation to littlewoods,in touch with what is known as the home authority for the company.This is the trading standards service local to where the company is based and through whom all queries,concerns and enquiries are fed.We await their comment.Issues relating to data protection act provisions should be forwarded to the information commissioners office.The office of fair trading is responsible for the issuing of credit licences.

Yaff i`m gonna pm you my name and address,any chance you can tell me which thread that letter is in that you gave NDR hell in?If not,if you`ve got the time could you rustle me one up cos i`m crap at letter writing!!:p

A big thank you to everyone`s continuing support and advise xx:)

:o i sent a complaint to experian as i were`nt happy with what my file was saying !! had an e-mail back today.....in view of your comments about littlewoods,i am writing to them for you.this is because i cannot amend your report without their consent.i will let you know as soon as they reply.while i investigate your comments,i am adding the following statement to the entry you have queried."the accuracy of this data has been disputed by the individual concerned and we have now contacted the subscriber.care should therefore be taken when using this item of data to assess the creditworthiness of the individual concerned.im telling all the companies that have searched you in the last six months of the change to your information.....will littlewoods have to prove they have a credit agreement?:???: a letter will be sent to the Information Commissioners Office...bye xx:evil:

:o i sent a complaint to experian as i were`nt happy with what my file was saying !! had an e-mail back today.....in view of your comments about littlewoods,i am writing to them for you.this is because i cannot amend your report without their consent.i will let you know as soon as they reply.while i investigate your comments,i am adding the following statement to the entry you have queried."the accuracy of this data has been disputed by the individual concerned and we have now contacted the subscriber.care should herefore be taken when using this item of data tossess the creditworthiness of the individuaconcerned.im telling all the companies that have searched you in the last six months of the change to your information.....will littlewoods hve to prove they have a credit agreement?:???: a letter will be sent to the Information Commissioners Office...bye xx:evil:

Creepy...i was just looking at my Equifax file and compiling a 200 worded notice of correction to send when i got your post.

This is what the files says:-

If our reply says that we have done nothing, or if we fail to reply within 28 days, or if we correct the information but you are not happy with the correction, you can write your own note of correction and ask for it to be included in our file. To do this, you will need to write to us within 28 days of receving our reply. If you did not get a reply from us and you want the information we sent you to be corrected, you will need to write to us within 8 weeks of the letter you wrote to us in which you asked us to correct the information or remove it from our file.

Your letter will need to:-

• Include the note of correction you have written. It must not be more than 200 words long and should give a clear and accurate explanation of why you think the information is wrong. If the information is factually correct but you think it creates a misleading impression, your note of correction can explain why

• Ask us to add your note of correction to our file and to include a copy of it whenever we give anyone any of the information you think is wrong or any information based on it.

Im doing mine now and i am sending a notice of correction for all creditors that have put misleading info on my file due to non-compliance of CCA 1974.

Trojanska....i think i have found that letter will PM you.

got your pm Yaff,thanks.have filled in a complaint form for the ICO and sent copies of the letter where littlewoods say that they have no signed agreement and the letters where they hand me over to NDR,what will the ICO think of a dormant company running live accounts??? hope they kick the w*****s into touch!!! thanks again for all the support,bye xx

I dont know if you Littlewooders are aware but they have been asked by the Information Commissioners Office to sign a formal undertaking that they intend on complying with the Data Protection Act 1998, this was in June and in my case and many others they have failed to adhere to it.

I'm writing a stern letter to the Information Commissioners Office highlighting this and i feel it would make more of an impact if i could enclose some names of others experiencing the same problem of erroneous data being processed.

I am finding that dealing with these regulatory bodies on an individual basis is not having the desired effect, by compiling a mass complain as you have seen on CAG with the credit cards and banks can only benefit us at the end of the day.

If anyone would like thier name enclosed please PM or email if you have my email address.

Once the letter is drafted anyone who has opted in will be able to view and comment before i send it.

Yaff.

Any details you give me will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.

Hi Yaffsimone,

I have emailed details of name and address to you.... good luck !!!!:)

:mad: have had a reply from Littlewoods Finance company,saying....further to your letter of 5th July 2007 concerning your complaint in relation to transactions on your credit account.I am writing to confirm that we wre at present liasing with the FOS in relation to your complaint.I would advise that we are awaiting a reply to our letter of 22nd June 2007 to FOS.In the interest of improving the service we offer to our customers,all complaints received are taken very seriously and a full investigation is always carried out.We will contact you once a reply has been received I trust our explanation meets with your satisfaction.:o none of this makes sense,i sent my official complaint to them in a letter dated 9th march 2007,so they`ve had plenty of time to respond.The FOS denied me a case because littlewoods were`nt under them until 6th April 2007,i only re-issued the complaint with them(fos) on the 11th July 2007 as i had e-mailed them saying what about the offences they had committed after 6th April 2007...none of it add up,am gonna get in touch with fos as littlewoods have quoted a ref number....they still don`t have a credit agreement(executed) at the end of the day....wot now???? thanks xx

If you still have the email from the FOS reply to it and say that you understand from Littlewoods that you have had a change of heart and that you have now decided to deal with my case. See what comes back. If they say they aren't dealing it with send copies of the emails to Littlewoods and insist that they now comply with your request.