neil101 v Cap1 - Help with spreadsheet 13 please

neil101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

I recently recieved my statements after sending out the Subject Access Request letter and have come to a total of just over £800. I have been reading all the helpful posts and have decided I want to claim Compounded Contractual Interest.

Unfortunately i'm having a problem with 'Vamps' spreadsheet 13. It looks simple enough but doesn't seem to be calculating my interest. In the Interest column (column D) it just says #VALUE! instead of what should be the interest calculation, even though i'm typing in the charge amount and charge date in the cells before it. When I hover over the error it says something like "A value used in the formula is the wrong data type". Has anyone else had this problem, if so how do I sort it so I can use the spreadsheet properly?

I'm quite tired so I may have just missed something really simple, :confused: but i've been trying for an hour now and don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers

Hi there

When you typed your interest rate in, did you overtype the original interest on the spreadsheet or delete it completely and then add it?

Sound stupid but overtyping it normally sorts the problem out

Hope this helps

Lindy x

Neil

I would have had that when I was completing spreadsheet if I typed date wrong or something. Would you have accidentally deleted cells and therefore the formulas instead of overtyping? I am not sure how to put the formulas back in place, I would try making another copy of spreadsheet and starting again. Hope this works.

glav:)

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Neil

If your having big problems, just delete it and start again. Are you putting the dates in correctly?.

If you don't enter the date as 31/05/2007 and use 31/5/07 it may not work. Just a thought.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks for your help guys

Think i've sorted it now. I was saving spreadsheet 13 to my desktop and opening it up with Excell etc (this was when I was having the problems). I've now been filling in the spreadsheet online and saving it in my google account this seems to have worked. Also quite useful as I can now accees this from diff PCs home and work :)

Another quick question, can I claim £12.00 charges back?

Yes you can. . .they are still unlawful at that cost.

• Haha 1

WARNING TO ALL

Thanks for that

Ok i'm going to send my Prelim out on Monday, I'm claiming with Compounded Contractual Interest. I worked out my APR at 35.60% from a monthly purchase interest rate of 2.570% on my most recent bill.

My Charges = £800.02

Interest applied = £2,113.95 (on the basis of 35.60% APR)

Total claim = £2,915.95

This seems a hell of a lot as its over 3 times the original charges but I must say the majority of my charges were from about 4 to 5 years ago therefore gaind a lot of interest on those.

The total claim seems too high, just wanna make sure i'm getting it right before I send of the Prelim letter on Monday.

Any thoughts on this anyone?

It's not unusual, my interest is twice the charges at 17%. It does add up to a lot though doesn't it, but if they are charging you 36% compounded then thats what you've been paying them. It's how they make lots of money!!!! It usually works out higher if you have older charges (6 years ago) as these compound up to huge amounts sometimes!!

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent