TheBarman vs HSBC

Askthebarman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been reading through this site for a few days now and have decided to take action against HSBC to try and get back some of the numerous charges they have levied against me. (I have worked out they have taken roughly 2.5k off me in the last 6 years)

HSBC is not my main current account and I can afford for it to be closed, what I cannot afford for them to do is to recall a loan I currently have with them.

Has anyone had any experience with HSBC closing their accounts?

Can/Will they try to close all of my accounts, not just my HSBC current account?

Any advice much appreciated

The Barman

It is unlikely they will close your account, but it is a possibility.

They cannot demand immediate repayment of a loan because of your actions - your loan will be covered by a seperate contract.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hello,

Just hoping somebody could clarify the following for me:

1) Should I itemise penalty charge refunds on my schedule of charges, or just deduct from the full amount I am claiming?

2) I have built a schedule of charges from my online banking statements, is it still necessary to send the request via DPA to have a statement from them on 'Manual Intervention’?

3) Do you think I should include £10 card 'misuse' fees?

Thanks in advance

AskTheBarman :D

1. you cant claim for something they gave you back, only claim for what they havent given you back

2.i would say not , as your preliminary letter has the required wording to get an answer to the manual intervention question, i personally havent done a dpa, just went straight to preliminary after checking my statements online

3.absolutely

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

• 2 weeks later...

Prelim sent 9th june , offer of £2000 out of £2200 rcvd 28th june.

Accepted.

No non discosure involved, although their new letter states that they are doing this for commercial reasons only becuase of the costs involved of defending this claim.

HSBC are still are not officialy accepting liability, although they obviously know they dont have a leg to stand on.

Dear blah blah blah

Thankyou for you offer of £xxx in relation to full and final settlement of the issues raised in my letter dated x/x/x

I hereby accept your offer and subject to full payment being made within 7 working, days regard this matter as settled in full.

love and kisses

ASB

:grin:

It's entirely up to you.

But personally I wouldn't settle for anything less than the full amount - at the end of the day it's your money, and to me £200 is a lot of money so why should you let them keep it?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.