HSBC Card Services

wednesday1867
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How we all doing, im about to sar these over a credit card i had 3 years ago that got changed into a managed loan :rolleyes: . Ive no account number but hopefully, ill get something off the sar.

Main question is, has anyone had a go at these yet and what kind of responses are people getting?

Also anyone know the address, i know its in Southend on Sea somewhere?

Thanks

Hi there. I think the ad you need is : 365 Chartwell Square, Southend-on-Sea SS99 2UU Usually they supply and envelope with a PO Box number, Southen, but I always throw these away! This ad is taken from bottom of my latest HSBC CC statement

Good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone else dealing with HSBC Card services, that can give me any kind of idea if they are straight forward or not etc.

Less than 14 days to go, i would of expected something as i didn't have my account number, but nothing as yet, only 12 days to go.

Sent a reminder, see whats happening their end :)

Well the countdown continues with HSBC Card Services.

5 Days to go and still zero contact. If nothing is received by Tuesday, bearing in mind, there is no Post friday, looks like an LBA then reporting to Information Comm and then file with court :rolleyes:

No one reclaimed from HSBC Card Services?

Well the 40 days is up on Tuesday, i'm not hopeful on receiving anything by then, so composed this to be sent on Tuesday afternoon, if nothing as arrived.

Today is or was your last day under the DATA PROTECTION ACT 1988, to supply me with the details I requested and duly paid for on XX May 07.

On the XX May I sent you a request for a full history of transactions or copy statements to cover the credit card account I held with you up until 2003, the transactions were to start from when I first opened the account. You have failed to comply with my request.

I hereby give you an extra 7 days to comply, if I do not receive a full history of statements within 7 days of you receiving this letter, I WILL be lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner, if that doesn’t produce the documents I require, I will then file a claim at County Court, to request a Court Order for you to produce the documents and to issue any compensation that may be due.

I am surprised that an institute as large as the HSBC falls down on the simplest of requests.

I look forward to receiving the documents

Any views?

Freaky, from my expierence's with this lot, the only knowledge i can pass down is......................... make sure youve got a comfortable chair :D youll be in for the long haul, saying that, i may have wrong adress, it could be Harrys Sun Bed Company for all i know :D

Im doing loads, got a bored of waiting, so thought i could fire them all off, as youve prob seen from my sig, but apart from this non compliance, im back to waiting again :rolleyes::D

It has so far taken me almost two months to get my data from HSBC; I am still waiting for copies of correspondence that I asked for in my original SAR. HSBC have lied to me, and used various delaying tactics. However, one staff member told me that they are overwhelmed with requests for data - oh dear, how sad, never mind.

On the bright side, the credit card side have confirmed that they have sent all the data they hold, which doesn't include an executed agreement, so no more money for them, then.

which doesn't include an executed agreement, so no more money for them, then.

Scarlet pimpernel, where do they seek for it tho, do they seek for it here, do they seek for it there that dastardly exectued agreement they seek it everywhere :D

Lets hope they dont find my agreement :) , im not waiting 2 months, this letter will go tomorrow and then next Monday or maybe Tuesday/ Wednesday ill file a complaint with the Information Commisioner and see what happens.

Apologies for the first paragraph, sounded kinda funny when i started :D

Added another line :)

I WILL be lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner questioning your ability to hold a credit licence, as you are unable to supply customers with basic requirements set out by the Data Protection Act.

Phone no for HSBC CC Services is 08457 404 404 Good luck

Good Luck being the operative saying :rolleyes:

Well just rang them, didnt get very far, couldnt give her my creit card number obviously, gave her my old bank account details, got all my info on the screen, puts me on hold foe a few mins, comes back, need to transfer me to Credit card dept, fine transfer me then, puts me on hold, comes back and surprisingly all the Credit Card departments computers have gone down, howunlucky am i :rolleyes:;) I should ring back in an hour, as if the computers went down, doubt ill ring them back, ill just wait til next week and let the Information Commisioner do my talking for me :D

Well just rang them back. Singing from different hymn sheets i think, dont think the first girl wanted to tell me what this one did :-|

Again go through the confirmation of i am who i say i am, ill just transfer you to cc dept, ok i reply, minute goes past......... sorry as the account is closed we cant access the account , you need to go into a branch with photo id, i said yes but its the credit card info i want, same go to local branch, i reply but your accessing my closed bank account to prove who i am, so how come you cant with my credit card, just repeats again, ask again just for the account number and again no joy.

Seems they can only access the things you dont want them too, could be im waiting for a court date for the closed current accounts charges, ive stopped paying the managed loan due to lack of agreement and now im after the credit card muhhahahaha.

Cant be bothered with them anymore, not even gonna wait the 7 days, they have had their 40 days times up.

Information Commisioner im comin your way tomorrow :D Anyone else i can complain about the lack of details to?

In for a penny in for a pound :)

Well today i received a letter, i will knock up a reply and post it on here, but i need some info to the points they raise about keeping the records of my account.

This is what i received.

Dear Mr Wednesday,

I refer to your previous correspondance with regard to information concerning transactions and charges on your account.

Please be advised, in your original letter dated May there was no mention of a request involving your credit card, as a result of this we did not receive your letter in this office(sent my request to same address this letter came from), i apologise for any inconvience this may cause.

Unfortunately, i have been unable to loace your account from the information provided. The card number quoted (didnt quote one :confused: ) is not recognised by our computer system. This is probably because the account was closed some time ago (changed to a loan 2003) and the record deleted from our database. If you are able to provide us with a copy of any statement issued prior to February 2005 it may enable is to extract a code in order to locate past statements. However, this cannot be guarnteed. Please return your original letter(do they mean sar request? Not giving them another 40 days), with this letter and a copy statement in order for us to endeavo to assist you. A pre paid envelope is enclosed for your use.

Also raised the questions is this gonna be worth it, im pretty sure there will be a number of charges added to this account, but as time passes by another one drops of the with the 6yrs moving a month on. Anyone know the correct terms i need to use about the length of time they hang onto records. Ill go write a reply and maybe get some advise on changes etc

Thanks

Well ive just put together an early draft of a reply. I have questions tho, is it worth replying to them or should i just go to the Information Commissioner.

How long by law should they have records of my account?

Heres the first draft

I refer to your letter dated 06 July relating my request under the Data Protection Act 1998 for a full history relating my account.

You state that my original request dated XX May had no mention that I required information regarding my credit card account, the fact that I addressed the envelope and letter to HSBC Card Services, which is the credit card department, which is also the same address your letter came from, so I am at a loss how this was then mistaken to relate to my current account.

You also mention a “card number” I did not quote a card number, the account was closed in 2003, my credit card balance was transferred to a HSBC Loan. I expected you to find my details from my name and address, I also sent you a letter dated 19 June asking if you required any further information other than the copy of my driving licence enclosed with my original request, obviously another request that went ignored, I have enclosed copies of all letters I have sent to you.

You also want me to return a copy statement prior to February 2005 and my original request, firstly as far as I am concerned you have had all the time you require, I find your excuses laughable. Secondly I contacted you, to supply me with copy statements, not for me to supply you with details of your ex customers.

I am also led to believe that when an account closes as the creditor you are required to keep a history of the account for a minimum of 6yrs after closure date, as this is within that timeframe I’m sure the Information Commissioner would be interested why you still don’t hold information to do with my Credit Card account.

I will give you 7 days to supply a full history of my CREDIT CARD account, from inception to closure dates, if this isn’t forthcoming then I will then contact the Information Commissioner.

Thanks for any input :)

Im about to redo the above letter, but ive just had a thought :cool:

What happens if they still cannot provide me with anything relating to my credit card account? Obviously i wont be able to reclaim charges, so what would the next step be?