Help Plz!!! Got Court Date

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i've been claiming now since middle feb and today received a letter from court saying "Take Notice that this claim be listed for a directions hearing to take place on 21st Sept 2007 at 2.15pm in Accrington County Court. So what now what will i need to take to court that day etc i'm a little stuck:-o

You don't, it is far too early to call them, they'll only tell you to go away. About 2 weeks before your court date is when to call, and not before.

They are settleing at about a month now.

Paul

The letter i have got reads "Upon the courts own motion TAKE NOTICE that the claim be listed for a directions hearing which will take place on 21st Sept 2007 at 2.15pm at Accrington County Court. When you should attend: time estimate fifteen minutes. PLEASE NOTE: this case may be released to another judge possibly at a different court. Cases are listed in accordance with local hearing arrangements determined by th Judiciary and implemented by court staff. Every effort is made to ensure that hearings start at either the time specified or as soon as possible thereafter. However, listing practices or other factors may mean that delay is unavoidable.

Furthermore, in some instances a case may be released to another judge, possibly at a different court. Please contact the court for further information on the listing arrangements that may apply to your hearing"

So what is my next step and do i have to take anything along to this court visit or just wait to my final hearing i have already began preparing my court bundle statements of evidence etc just not sure if i need any of this for this particular court hearing???

The letter i have got reads "Upon the courts own motion TAKE NOTICE that the claim be listed for a directions hearing which will take place on 21st Sept 2007 at 2.15pm at Accrington County Court. When you should attend: time estimate fifteen minutes. PLEASE NOTE: this case may be released to another judge possibly at a different court. Cases are listed in accordance with local hearing arrangements determined by th Judiciary and implemented by court staff. Every effort is made to ensure that hearings start at either the time specified or as soon as possible thereafter. However, listing practices or other factors may mean that delay is unavoidable.

Furthermore, in some instances a case may be released to another judge, possibly at a different court. Please contact the court for further information on the listing arrangements that may apply to your hearing"

So what is my next step and do i have to take anything along to this court visit or just wait to my final hearing i have already began preparing my court bundle statements of evidence etc just not sure if i need any of this for this particular court hearing???

There is no harm in getting things ready, although I suspect the judge is listing it this way because he expects the bank to have settled before that.

There is a thread in the Library called "got a court date?", have a good read and take it from there.

Are they now... Are they catching up with the workload, do you think? :-D

Think they have employed a few more clerks as there seems to be new names popping up, cos there are 3 people i know who have dates at the end of June and they are settling with them too

Anyway, in this case, court date 21/9, so still way too early. :-D

I agree with this, plus its only a directions hearing as well

Paul

Thanks for your replies so do you suggest i just leave it all alone now and gather basic court bundle just in case it does got to court? Should i give that Krysta woman a call at the end of next month if nothing heard can't believe the court date isn't until sept thats ages off!!

HI Brassed

Personally i would get all my docs together and have a read and get to understand them (you might have to attend this hearing), but I wouldnt start all the copying and printing yet and do that nearer the time.

Does the order say that you need to take documents to this hearing?

Its up to you whether to want to give Litigsation a call, but i would suspect that they will tell you to call nearer the time, but you wont lose anything if you want to have a go at calling. I would call on Tuesday though after the weekend.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Hi Paul thanks for the reply the letter above is what i received regarding the court date so from my reading it doesn't mention to take any paperwork with me when i sent in my AQ i attached a draft order of directions and was wondering do i need to take what it listed in that to court or send it off anywhere??:confused:

Hi

You only need to send in documents if the court makes an order which tells you so.

Reading your post they do not ask for any documents, but if you have to attend you will probably have to state your case and if you have all your docs it will be easier.

As its a few months away i would just spend some time reading up on the contents of your bundle.

Also give em a call next week, the worst they can do is tell you to call back at a later date

"Wisdom Begins In Wonder"

My advice is based on my personal experience and should be taken as such.

If I have helped you, Please click the Scales :-)

Guide To Claiming Back Charges

Guide to Court

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Phoned the number for Krysta and just get a answer phone so left message detailing my name a/c number court case no etc and asked to give me a call back but not heard anything from them should i call again or just leave it they may think i'm desperate if i keep calling and just make silly offers any ideas what i should do??