Matty against Barclays- is anyone elses like this?

moc1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now then people. My situation is slightly different than most I've read on here.

I ordered statements on 23rd March which wasn't actioned. I eventually, after several complaints, reordered on 13/04 and received statements on 18/04. A woman from complaints department told me Barclays were pre-empting my claim, by fast forwarding the process on the assumption I was actually going to file a claim- I get two letters within a few weeks, promising contact by 8th May after they had more information. This info presumably being the amount they think I will claim for- which amounts to £545. I haven't heard anything yet, and I am calling today. Does anyone know what usually happens in these situations?

I got £80 off Egg within a couple of weeks of ordering statements and letters etc, and I have filed £280 with Lloyds TSB on moneyclaim, with their 14 day deadline for acknowledgement coming up, but the procedure for these two has been pretty different from Barclays.

I'd appreciate anyone's stories like this, or advice,

Cheers

Sounds like Barclays usual stalling tactics .... stick to your timescale not theirs send off your prelom letter giving them 14 days then your LBA

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

Remember to send the letters recorded delivery

Saint

Thats what I'll do- just spoke to an advisor who said there was nothing on the notes system about a claim on there. He's getting the woman handling my complaint to phone me tomorrow, I think I'll send the letter anyway if she doesn't call tomorrow

Sounds normal from my Barclays experience.

They've given me promises to d/w complaints, then said they need longer etc. and will reply soon.

Spoke to the Cust'r Svs no. given and they just gave me the run around and told me to speak to branch. Branch said they had to return claim to another office.

So I stuck to the advice given and followed MY timetable.

Forget sending letters or phoning - a waste of your time.

Good luck.

Slick.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 4 weeks later...

Well everyone, I didn't send letters but phoned to complain several times about the service I'd received etc and got a letter in the post offering £430 compensation (I hadn't provided any info, but told them I was GOING TO CLAIM for £545, hadn't actually done that yet). Brilliant, I'll take that, got a court date with Lloyds and its a joke how long its took Id rather lose £101 and be done with it!

Well done MOC, sounds like a good result.

Onwards with Lloyds now and good luck there.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)