Companies claiming charges for you...

KeefG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

In the space of 45 mins this morning, i've had 3 phone calls from the same company (didnt catch their name properly, think it was WES or something) from 3 different people asking me if i'd had bank charges.

The 1st one asked, i replied yes, they asked if i'd be interested in claiming them back and i replied i already was through CAG, the guy promptly hung up without saying thanks or bye or anything...

20 mins later caller number 2, she asks if i've had charges, i reply i'm already claiming mine back, she says thanks and hangs up.

20 mins later and its caller number 3's turn....ask if i've had bank charges, i reply yes and i'm interested in claiming them back. The woman then reads from a card infront of her what to say whilst i listen growing bored. I then asked her what the costs are for this "service" to which she replies....

40% :eek: :eek: :eek:

Forty bloody percent!!!!

Unbelievable!

To quote Public Enemy.........

"Fight the power, fight the powers that be" :D

How can they justify taking 40% of any money that they recover?

Maybe we can set up a new campaign to claim back charges from the 'No win-No fee' sector.

I would love to see if they could justify what they charge!

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

lmfao

Not a bad idea that, could be a niche in the market for it!!

Its the same sort of prinicple as those ad's you see in papers for companies that will do your SC60 tax returns for you but charge upwards of 25%, some even charge 50% but state a 7 day payout or something.

Ridiculous amount though!

To quote Public Enemy.........

"Fight the power, fight the powers that be" :D

I am not against these companies per se; as some people like to be guided through the whole process; and be able to talk to someone that can put their mind at rest.

Also, these are unusual circumstances for most people, as such they may not be confident in their ability to litigate successfully.

Same reason why I go to a mechanic to service my car.... I could change the oil, filter...etc myself but I would rather be kicking a ball around so I pay someone to do it for me. However, if all the mechanics were charging more than £500 (figure will be different for everyone) for a service, then I would either get the Haynes manual from the library and get cracking....! Or try to find a cheaper mechanic.

All that said though.... 40% is a bit much! I would be willing to part with, say, 10-15% of the money if all the hassle was taken care of; but that is because I value my time differently to others.