Bit of Advice PLEASE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I started a claim against HBOS about this time last year, but due to work commitments I was unable to follow up my claim with a legal action.

Claimed for around £1500, was offered £230 as a full and final settlement, but did not respond.

Can somebody tell me if I can still claim? I've been through the letters they sent me and cannot find anything to stop me re-starting the claim. If I do would I need to go all the way back to the beginning? Or could I just send a letter saying I am now ready to proceed with action, giving them last chance to settle?

Have noticed a few people negotiating a quick settlement by foregoing interest.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guest bluecloud
Hi there,

I started a claim against HBOS about this time last year, but due to work commitments I was unable to follow up my claim with a legal action.

Claimed for around £1500, was offered £230 as a full and final settlement, but did not respond.

Can somebody tell me if I can still claim? I've been through the letters they sent me and cannot find anything to stop me re-starting the claim. If I do would I need to go all the way back to the beginning? Or could I just send a letter saying I am now ready to proceed with action, giving them last chance to settle?

Have noticed a few people negotiating a quick settlement by foregoing interest.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Given the period of time it would be best if you sent your preliminary letter again. It will only add 2 weeks to the time it takes to follow it through. I'm assuming that you haven't incurred any further charges. One note though, the process began a year ago so don't forget to go back 6 years from when you started the process.