Droyds / La Redoute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the help. When I got home last night, I had in the post another letter from them - I've forgotten to bring it to work - but it is stating that the agreement is unenforceable but I still owe the money as I bought the items. That I am aware of, of course, but at least I can make a token payment and get them off my back. I've got bigger debts than their £500 and they are accepting token payments. I'll post the details tonight or tomorrow as they may be of use to others. Thanks again,I'm starting to get the hang of this - it's quite a sport!! ;)

Here is the exact wording in the letter received from FW Oakes:

"Dear Mrs X,

On behalf of my client, La Redoute, I am responding to your recent correspondence. My client agrees the debt is unenforceable and further action has been withdrawn. However orders have been placed and payment made and an amount remains outstanding, therefore the debt will remain registered at a Credit Reference Agency.

Yours faithfully,

FW Oakes"

I'm going to write to La Redoute and offer a token payment of £1.00.

That is good news, you are now in the driving seat and when things pick up for you then it will be a good position for you to make a full & final settlement, as things stand the debt will sit on a credit file for six years and fall off unless you can clear it, better for them to get some of it back than nothing so start nice and low when the time is right, otherwise pressure is off !! Well done !!

Thanks for the link elliesnon, I'll have a look and harrythehawk, I hadn't thought of offering a full and final settlement, so I may just leave the token payment for a few months and then look at it - if/when I get my charges back from the bank! Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it. If I can return the support, let me know x

• 1 month later...

Lorraine, you need to start your own thread on this (post a link if you want). What they have supplied you with complies with their obligations under the Act but obviously is not an enforceable agreement.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.