Sideshowbob v natwest

sideshowbob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

have started my claim against Natwest.

So far have sent the prelim and LBA with no responses received.

currently preparing the claim, but have come unstuck at the statutory interest stage.

I remember that Vampiress had a number of spreadsheets that calculated just about anything, but i dont seem to be able to find a working one for statutory interest. Am i being blind, and stupid? i dont suppose someone could point me in the right direction?

many thanks in advance for any help.

Hi sideshow, welcome to the nat west forum!

Hopefully, one of these should help - 6. Interest calculation spreadsheets

Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

• Haha 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks Hedgey- just what i was looking for.

One more question- when i submit my claim, and include a schedule of charges, should the schedule include the statutory interest calculations or not?

Hi again sideshow - if you mean the s.69 8% interest, then yes. You can leave this column on show now as you can claim this at the court stage.

Hedgey xx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update-

On the 24th May, sent out another prelim letter to Natwest to start another claim. This included the claim for charges on my student account as well as the charges that have been added to my current account since i started my first claim. The entire 2nd claim is for approx £1200.

Also this morning i received an offer from Natwest in regard to my first claim.

They were offering £1030, and the original claim amount was £1030.

Now normally i would be jumping around in happiness about now but before i do that i am wondeing about a couple of things;-

The offer i received came in what looked like a standard letter saying;- they dont agree with my claim........goodwill gesture.........full and final settlement- you know, all the standard bumpf. But what i was wondering was this;- have they sent out this offer because they have received my 2nd claim and want to stop it in its tracks? They mention in the offer that they will continue to charge me for these services in future, and that if i dont like it i should close my account.

As this 2nd claim includes some of these "future charges" are they making the point that by agreeing to the offer i am agreeing to the charges that im claiming in the 2nd claim? Does this offer mean that i cant make the 2nd claim? or are the two claims totally unrelated, im reading too much into this, and i should continue with the second claim as well as accepting the offer for the first claim?

Also, am i making sense anymore? does anyone have the blindest idea what im talking about?

I seem to have confused myself!!!

But what i was wondering was this;- have they sent out this offer because they have received my 2nd claim and want to stop it in its tracks?

I would seriously doubt it - they don't know if they are coming or going (see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/93355-cloak-dagger-nat-west.html)

Does this offer mean that i cant make the 2nd claim?

No. Even if the have linked the 2 claims, they can't make you agree to anything unlawful

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

steven- thank you for your help- really appreciated. The more i think about it i think you are right. Going to ring Mr Higley to impose a couple more conditions, and then hopefully accept the offer.

steven- thank you for your help- really appreciated. The more i think about it i think you are right. Going to ring Mr Higley to impose a couple more conditions, and then hopefully accept the offer.

Better to do it in writing then you (and they) have a record - tey can deny a phone call

Steven

• Haha 1

hello all,

just a quick question about right of set off.

I am claiming bank charges from two accounts from Natwest. They have refunded charges from one of the accounts leaving me with a small positive balance in that account. I am worried that they will now use the right of set off they have to transfer that positive balance to the overdraft on my other account (of which is made up purely of their illegal charges!).

Is there any way round this? do i have any rights that mean i can stop them doing this? i really need that money that they have paid back and it could be months before there is a breakthrough on the other account.

Also i feel the situation is quite urgent because they could do the set-off at any time.

thanks all.

Hi sideshow

I haven't answered before becase I am not sure but I'm pretty certain (read itsomewhere on the site - no idea where) that they are perfectly within their rights to off-set in this way.

Steven

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

sideshow

Your NatWest account isn't an Advantage Gold account is it? If it is, they will take the AG charge at the end of the month, that will take you overdrawn......

Steven

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site