Kitesurfer v Natwest

KiteSurfer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Posted yesterday in the welcome forum to say hi, but now have started this thread and one in nationwide.

Sent SAR on 11-04, received my statemnts about a week ago, found this site yesterday and have now completed my spreadsheet.

I used the 1.9 spreadsheet and included interest at 29.5 % as that is what they charged me for unauthorised borrowing.

Penalties come to 1600, with interest paid this is 2200.

Once I add contractual interest this rises to 4300.

The preliminary letter does not seem to take the contractual into account, but Im sure I saw a post last night pointing to a preliminary letter that did (it was late tho).

Going to have a look around the forums for more info on contractual, but have to say, my account has been OD almost all the time its been open, and they have ben charging me unauth charges almost every month - if I can I want to get my own back!!

Hi there, you can just use the prelim letter and adjust it, i.e. just add the bit about wanting to reclaim contractual interest. You dont have to use one set in stone, just add in the bit yourself about reclaiming contractual interest as well. Its easy really............. just substitute the bit for overdraft interest with CCI instead. All the best. Fendy xxx

Fendy,

Just to be sure I am on the right track..

I have amended the 'What I require' section as follows with the figures from the v1.9 spreadsheet as follows:

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £1605.30 plus £617.75 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken, Total £2223.05

I am claiming £2,243.80 in compound contractual interest at your un-authorised borrowing rate of 29.5% under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity, which applies to this account.

Total £4466.85

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter. The total amount owed will increase by £1.59 per day until satisfied as a result of the compound contractual interest rate at the advertised unauthorised borrowing rate

This is slightly different to your suggestion, but seems to make sense. I am unsure of the wording.

I have an additional concern about the daily rate.

I used the v1.9 spreadsheet which I have taken all the figures from, and it gives the daily rate on the C.Interest Daily tab, but when I changed the 'claim until' date by 1 day the total increased by £3.17 not £1.59

hi

your wording looks good 2 me

also i used the same spreadsheet and it does work out the daily rate correctly so just check all your charges on the s/s and rerun it again and if the figures are the same i would be confident that the daily rate is correct

Scott

Haven't heard of any retaliatory action for a while to be honest with you!

If you haven't had any problems with the overdraft (i.e., NW sending letters about it!) I wouldn't worry about it. I've got one for £500 less than you at the moment - and I'm plodding on regardless!!!

I suppose a parachute account would give you a bit of peace of mind though - so it's up to you!!!

Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Cheers Hedgey,

they havent sent me a letter for ages, funny though, Im keenly awaiting their next one :D

I'll see how it goes with the acct

Good Luck with yours too,

I havent even got as far as reading about an N1 yet!!

Kitesurfer

Kitey, you have signed an agreement for your overdraft. As long as you keep to that agreement you will be okay. They would be in breach of contract if they withdrew your overdraft without a good reason.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

You will like it a whole lot more when you get that money back, believe me............. AND YOU WILL, ITS JUST A CASE OF WHEN and not IF. Lol Lol xxx Were all right behind you, shoving you onward and upward to the next step. Shoving gently I might add. Lol xxxx

Just received letter stating they are currently considering my claim and anticipate they will be in a position to respond in 6-7 weeks.....

As they have not entered into a sincere dialogue is it straight onto the LBA now... or do I need to wait 14 days...

If you've sent them the prelim - waited 14 days - not had an offer.................. send them the LBA and give them another 14 days to respond!!!

This is your claim - not theirs, so you set the timescales - not them!! Tisn't your fault they're snowed under with claims and can't cope with the backlog........... so get yer LBA sent 1st thing Tuesday morning!!! xxxx :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Whoops - thought yer deadline was up!! Lol......... teach me not to read back through the threads!!! Hang on till the 4th - then............. you know the drill!!!!

Good luck, hedgey xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Nothing wrong with a bit of impatience, but if it gets to the court stage.......... practice your patience! As our Parkie says........... patience is a virture - and much needed when dealing with cobblers and nat west!!!

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hedgey, spot -on as usual. :)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one......... another LBA in the post to keep the little workers at Borehamwood up to their necks in paperwork!!!

Have a look here for the next stage Moneyclaim and hardcopy claim compared it explains the pros and cons of MCOL or filing N1 at your local county court. I went with N1 - gave me loads of satisfaction to hand it in at my local county court!!! This thread's really useful as well Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Good luck, hedgey xxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Cheers Hedgey - I've had a look through those, I'll have a think about whether to go mcol or N1..

Nice to see fendy and parky have won.. keeps everyone smiling, especially trying to follow the threads!!

:D :D

thx for yer help

Kitesurfer