is now the right time to move on to step 2?

honeybee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Choose one what?

You need to read through the FAQs thoroughly - do understand that this could ultimately end up in court.

When you are reading through the FAQs you will find a step-by-step guide that will explain exactly what to do.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

i have read them, several times and yes of course I understand that it could end up in court which is why I have requested some help.

I only know the last 3 years of charges so I am aware that I need to send a DPA letter but where to??

*HoneyBee*

Guest Lueeze

Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

You need to bee 100% clear before setting out on your journey to claiming charges back.

You need to do the DPA request 1st, then when you know ALL your charges, get the prelim sent...There is only 1 prelim that is appropriate to your case, depending on whether it is a Account or Credit card ect...

You may want to PM me later in your claim to change the thread title, so you dont start a new thread everytime you post, and can keep a "diary" of events on here!

Good Luck

Lou x

Is done, its posted.

Hope I did everything ok.

Hopefully this will open the door to the return of my £800 that they stole from me when I first opened my account 5 years ago but got fobbed-off and bamboozled by the jargon!!!! but I know they did for sure !

*HoneyBee*

Decided to skip the DPA even though I posted today beacuse...... I went back 3 years of accounts online and totalled all charges and FORTUNATELY,,,,,,I have the years previously all stored in order in an old file !! Been through them and have all that I need ( I hope ) so i thought I'd go onto step 2. do you think this is a good idea or should I wait??:confused:

*HoneyBee*

I traced my account back 3 years online and I (for some reason) have my bank statements from 5 years ago so although i sent DPA off I have all that I need to send the preliminary request letter.

Is it ok to hand it in at my local branch or should it be sent somewhere else?

The anticipation is crippling me !

(total is £1987.05)

*HoneyBee*

Threads merged - Please stick to one thread

You can take it in to your local branch or send it to their Head Office or Customer Services Department - either way it will get passed on to the right people.

Good luck!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I think that you should go and spend the next 14 days reading your welcome e-mail and then following its instructions which include to read the FAQ and spend at least three days reading the forum material.

This will help to give you a certain confidence which I have to say that at the moment you seem to lack.

This is a serious matter and you should be properly prepared. If you are not many will be quite easy for the bank to knock you off your feet

to be honest I think you are probably right in stating that I lack confidence which I why I am asking for advice (I thought that was part of what this forum was all about!) But I'm not a total imbecile and I certainly don't need 14 days to read an email. thanks for your help.

*HoneyBee*

Hi Honeybee,

I think people are scratching their head a bit over the 'Do I just pick one and send it' comment - as you've been pointed to and worked through yourself, there is a set timeline and proceedure to follow when sending the letters.

That said, you don't HAVE to send a DPA letter. I did exactly myself what you are doing now, and got my penalty charge total from Lloyd's Online - I then sent a Preliminary Request for Repayment, followed by a Letter Before Action when Lloyd's responded - followed by the Moneyclaim 14 days later.

Good luck with your claim, and keep us informed!

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my preliminary letter on 06/06/06 and today got my response which is a standard lloyds reply.

Just wondering, before I send my LBA if lloyds are still paying out to their customers as there are such a lot of people requesting refunds that maybe they might have come up with a loophole or even starting to fight back?

If I posted my LBA on monday, what should NORMALLY happen next and should I be concerned about any changes that may have been made during the last 2 weeks?

Also confused about a line in their reply which states that they limit charges to 3 per month which doesn't make sense as I had a charge of £210 last July:confused:

(unless they decided to up the charge to £70 each for their holiday money :p)

MOD NOTE: Threads merged - please stick to the one thread honeybee... and see bankfodders post above about confidence etc!! And other posts re: sticking to the process - which is well proven and worked...

*HoneyBee*

I sent my preliminary letter on 06/06/06 and today got my response which is a standard lloyds reply.

Just wondering, before I send my LBA if lloyds are still paying out to their customers as there are such a lot of people requesting refunds that maybe they might have come up with a loophole or even starting to fight back?

If I posted my LBA on monday, what should NORMALLY happen next and should I be concerned about any changes that may have been made during the last 2 weeks?

Also confused about a line in their reply which states that they limit charges to 3 per month which doesn't make sense as I had a charge of £210 last July:confused:

(unless they decided to up the charge to £70 each for their holiday money :p)

MOD NOTE: Threads merged - please stick to the one thread honeybee... and see bankfodders post above about confidence etc!! And other posts re: sticking to the process - which is well proven and worked...

OHHHHHHHHH BUT i DUNNO HOW TO STICK TO ONE THREAD, i KEEP GETTING LOST :oops: SORREEEEE. I'LL TRY HARDER.:D

*HoneyBee*

Hi Honeybee,

No real news on any changes on the part of the banks. Some of them have started closing accounts of the people who take them to court, but they have found no loopholes to squirm through.

As for your next course of action, the timeline you should be following is:

1) Send your DPA (If necessary, not in your case as you have all the charges already).

2) One you have the charges, send the Preliminary Approach for Repayment letter.

3) 14 days later (Unless the bank pay up!) send the Letter Before Action.

4) 14 days after that (Again, unless the bank pay up!) file your claim with Moneyclaim Online (http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk) or in your local county court.

By standard, you will recieve a 'bog off' letter from Lloyds saying it's their final decision. You are then advised to wait until the 14 days has lapsed from the point of sending the letter, then file your claim.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

thank you reload:)

I'm ready to send my letter before action now.

I feel a bit scared by it, mainly because I have such rotten luck typically that it'll be just my luck that they manage to squirm through a loophole just when I've posted the letter. I bet they do and I'll have to end up paying court charges etc.....

I've opened another bank account just to be safe and started moving direct debits across. I know they'll close my account which is fine by me anyway, even though I know its unlawful for them to do this. Better to be safe.

Walking to the post box at the end of the street right now, here goes :-D

*HoneyBee*

Don't be nervous if you look at my thread on reclaiming my charges you will see just how much they are avoiding court .:D ( can't add the link at present ,sorry )

Saying that I do have to warn you that ' your claim may end up in court '

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

:p hi,

I've read a few threads where people have said they have sent their prelims and LBA's via email.

Just curious to know if the responses have been the same as those sent via snail mail and also those who sent email did they also send through the post?

waiting for a response from my LBA and have to say kerr-apping it. :p

*HoneyBee*

The response seems to be quicker by email.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.