Natwest Credit Cards claim!

ABA
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Just joined this forum! I have initiated my claim through moneyonline.gov.uk. against Natwest Credit Cards. I am claiming unfair 'overlimit' and 'late payment' fees that they have charged me since the past 2 years.

Before I went forward with this claim, they had offered a refund of the difference between £20 they charged me and £12, which is their new charge, equals £8. I have 8 such instances and they offered £64! I have declined the offer and decided to go to small courts and file for my full claim!

Anybody having made similar claims from Natwest CC or any other bank card provider, I am eager to hear from you!!

Cheers

Hi again ABA! Sounds like you've got the credit card claim in hand - and you've done the right thing by rejecting their silly over to refund the difference!!!

Keep us posted on your progress - best of luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Yep, they will still payout eventually, just hang in there and keep rejecting, let the courts decide, but they wont need to. They will settle in full before court hearing date. Lol. All the best, Fendy xxx

Hi I am starting today for the first time to do the same as yourself for my son. What I am confused about is they seem to have charged two interest payments per month and an overlimit fee. My son stupidly used his credit card to withdraw cash so they have charged interest on purchases and interest on cash can I claim back the interest on cash as well. Finding it hard to work all this out just read your thread . Sheri

Hi Sheri,

I am unaware if one can claim back the interest on cash! Check this thread for what charges can and cannot be claimed - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/79547-natwest-charges-guide.html. If you are still having problems, I would suggest you start your own thread and there will be loads of advise and support from others!

Hope this helps! Cheers ABA

• Haha 1

Hi Guys,

I have today received a 'Notice of Issue' from the courts, looks like a pretty standard letter that states that the defendant may dispute / admit the claims etc etc.

However this is from the NORTHAMPTON County Court. Should'nt this have been issued by a court closer to my place? Also, would that mean I will have to go to NORTHAMPTON if Natwest defend? I live in Bracknell, about 100 miles away!! For information, I have used MCO to file my claim!!

Any ideas..... Thanks ABA

Hi ABA!

Don't worry, this'll probs be transferred to your local court soon. But one of the court crew should be along soon to confirm. Stay focused....... you're nearly there now!!! Hedgey xxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi Guys,

I have received a letter from Northampton County Courts stating that Natwest Credit Cards would be defending all of the claim. It says Natwest has 28 days to defend this claim!

Wonder on what basis they will defend the claim. They have been chewing my money illegally since the past few years.......this post is just to keep you updated and to know anything I should do prepare in my defence against their counterclaim!!

Thanks guys ....... ABA

Hi ABA,

Have a look through here http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....tructions.html Further down the link it explains what happens when you get to this stage.

Don't worry though - you need to play the waiting game now. And let's face it, with nat west, we're all used to that anyway!!

Hedgey xx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hi Hedgey,

Thanks for that! The information on the link is fantastic! Thanks once again.....will keep you posted!

Cheers ABA

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have today received a letter from RBS's solicitor Ryan Hockley, and along with it a cheque for the full amount including costs :))))

However they have not "admitted liability"and they mention they are coughing up as "defending would not be commercially viable" etc etc. Their letter also states...."the payment is made subject to your agreement not to court publicity, or disclose or refer to any third party, the background to this matter, and keep terms of this settlement strictly private and confidential."

Well guess what RBS, the settlement is out in the open and millions are there to claim their's back!! Wonder how they have the nerve to write such a letter.......but this succees is to many of you who have helped to put my claim forward and the guidance that I got in the forum and for the millions of others who are waiting to claim but unsure! PLEASE GO AHEAD AND DO NOT FEAR THEM! Believe yourself and please ask me or others on this forum who have succeeded in getting their money back, that was rightfully theirs!!!

Before I finish off, I have deposited the cheque today, I need to inform MCOL that I have received the payment! Can I inform them through the internet???

Cheers ABA:D

Hey ABA.............!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Yet another brilliant win for the CAGGERS!!!!!

Well done mate - happy spending!!!!!

Best wishes, hedgey xxxxx

:D :D :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Thanks Hedgey!!

Thanks a lot for your help mate!!! I sometimes wish this could have drawn on and gone on to the courts and I am sure RBS / Natwest would have lost, based on the reasoning that they make profits from charges!!! We'll see far less profits from these guys next year :D.

Also Hedgey, now that I have deposited the cheque, how can I inform MCOL through their website, where I had initiated the claim, that I have received the payment??

I have this claim pending with Natwest Bank and hoping for a similar amount next week :D

Thanks once again........take care ABA

Hi ABA,

If the claim wasn't transferred to your local county court - I think you need to contact Northampton court and let them know it's settled (or local county court if it was transferred!)

I'm really chuffed for you mate - hope the second claim works out as well as this one!

Best wishes, take care....... hedgey xxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***