Just a Quick Question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are shortly going to make a claim to Capital One to refund a number of charges they've put on my account over the past few years. We know they have been offering the £8 difference (between the £20 and £12) for each charge pretty much straight away and we've decided that if they do offer us this we're just going to accept it (I know, I know, we should carry on for the full amount but we really need the cash asap, and even just the £8 for each charge would be enough for what we need)

My question is: If they make the offer, should I immediately ask for the 29.9% interest they have been charging me on these charges or is that likely to make them retract their offer and force us to go down the small claims route?

As I said, we really do need the money asap, so we don't particularly want to slow things down, but since we haven't used the CC for about 18 months (just reducing the balance) that 29.9% adds up to a lot!

Thanks in advance

jam

If you want your claim paid out in full you will have to issue a court claim, be patient, if you are claiming contractual I would not accept any partial payment and if you do they certainly will not award you interest. The whole thing with claiming CCI is that you really want to keep your claim intact, if they do for instance pay all your charges you could end up in the court room just to argue interest, not a good idea. Also remember while you are waiting for them to pay you the interest is accruing. Have you a balance on the card?