Will this affect my claim?

townend81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I currentley bank with the Lloyds TSB. They plan on charging me £265 on the 1st June. I can't afford to pay that as it's about a third of my wages. I phoned customer care and spoke to a rude gentleman that said they won't refund any of the charges as they'd previously refunded £100 on the 1st Sep '06. "Good luck in court" he told me.

So i plan on switching banks before the 1st June to avoid this excessive charge and also on reclaiming the charges over the active period which amounts to just under £700.

How will this make my case stand when i start reclaiming? Can i say i don't intend on paying as the accounts in dispute? I don't want to jepordise the claim before it's begun.

Thanks

"Good luck in court" he told me.

You won't need any luck - and they won't be there to see you anyway. I hope you got his name - so that when you get your charges back you can write to him personally.

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there,

It will not affect your claim. If they did not charge the amounts they do, then you wouldn't be claiming them back!!!

So open the other account and start the claim.

Once you have the new account opened, write to them when you begin the claim process and warn them that you are re claiming charges and the debt will be settled in full once they have paid.

As i am sure you are claiming 6 years worth of charges, I can only assume when you get your statements or are going through them a lot more than that amount will be owed to you!

IF you want some tips on the subject access request and links then please post back and I will add them to your thread.

All the best with your claim,

CJ

I wish i did. He was the most arguementative, unhelpful and rude person i think i've ever spoken to! Tried to sell me an overdraft to cover myself in future as well. I don't think i'll have a future with the Lloyds very soon.

Thanks CJ. I've only had the account open since Dec '05 and the total is £695. I kept all statements and can access them all online anyway but thanks. It's just the sheer unhelpfulness of them thats annoyed me more than anything. Swines.