Darlo v Barclays

darlo321
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My case has been moved from York to Leeds, is this normal?

Would I be right in thinking that the judge will be assessing a batch of claims, from Yorkshire as a whole.

When do you agree a final claim value, as i have incurred a few charges since my original claim.

Guest ChloeJane

Hi Darlo,

A case can be transferred for a number of reasons and at the rate that the bank cases are coming, it would appear of late that some are being grouped together or transferred from busy courts to courts with a little more time to bring the dates forward, or better knowledge in this area.

So hang in there, am sure it is not an issue.

As for the extra fees etc. As you have already filed in court, to ammend any details of the claim, such as figures, you would need to ammend your claim on an N244 form.

To ammend your claim, you would incur a further fee of £35 and apply to the court on a standard application form to have it ammended to reflect the new charges.

The form can be found here - http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n244_0400.pdf

HOWEVER -

My personal thoughts, are these.

Write to their solicitors and state, that again unlawful charges that you are currently in litigation over, have been added to your account.

State the amount you are currently claiming.

Add to the letter, that their failure to settle at present and prolonging the process, you are now forced to ammend your claim adding further costs and interest to them.

Make it clear, that if they settle within 7 days of receipt of the date of the letter, the full amount claimed plus the charges, you are willing to withdraw action.

If they are not, then you are placing them on notice of your intent to ammend your claim adding further costs to them.

Add in there also your current daily interest amount if it is a bigger claim.

You want to sell them the reasons why they should settle now!!

For the cost of a signed for letter - £1.20 max, I think its worth a try and you have nothing to lose, everything to gain!

CJ

Hi darlo,

I agree with Chloe 100 %, Barclays, at the moment, do not want to go to court. If this help's, please feel free to use it, :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-755206.html

They have paid up for my claim in full.

Regards,

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Darlo,

Have you heard anything yet, still watching with interest.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.