Offer

walshj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im Very Sorry I Need Somebody To Reply.

Had A Cheque Offer From Corbetts £1206 Trying To Claim £1333.

The Thing Is They Want Me To Pay The Money Back To The NatWest Account Which I Dont Use Anymore. The Balance On The Account Is £3500 Which Is A Conbination Of An Overdraft And Bank Charges. In December I Paid The Natwest £18500.00 To Clear My Debts, I Am A Single Mother Now, What More Do They Want From Me I Want That Money In My Account Not Theirs. Should I Continue With Court Or What. The Natwest Account Is Still Accuring Charges Aswell.

Please What Should I Do

Julie

I'm worried of them saying the same to me when it gets to that stage. I would personally advise that you write them a letter and state that you accept the offer but only as a cheque. I feel it's up to you what you use that money towards. It's not for them to say 'here's your money but you can only have it if you give it back to us in our bank account'? That's only my opinion though. It's what I would do. You'll have to see what others advise...?

Skylario :confused:

Guest strangewayofsavin

the £3500 in charges etc from the old account, did you put any of these in your £1333 claim?

And the £3500, is all penalty charges and interest incuured due to these charges?

Good Morning

The £3500 Is A Conbination Of An Overdraft Charges And Interest.the £1333 Is Only For 10 Month Charges (jan 06 To Oct 06) What I Was Hoping For Was Them To Pay Me Back And To Write The Balance Off. What Should I Do With This Cheque Offer From Corbetts. The Natwest Got £18k From Me In December From The Sale Of My House When I Split With My Husband. Should I Write To Corbetts And Tell Them What I Want Or Do This Letter 6.

Please Help I Have To Reply Within 14 Day

Thanks

Julie

Guest littlesally

I am not too clear on this.

I presume it is £3500 in the red?

The money owed on the account, is it charges? If so, then the money should be paid into that account to wipe out the debt.

If you owe the bank money, the bank is entitled to take the money back.(apart from loans, which are a seperate arrangement)

Sally x

Hi

Im Sorry £1700 Is An Overdraft The Rest Is Charges And Intrest. The £18k Was A Loan With Natwest That I Cleared, So Im Sorry What Should I Do, I Should Be Going To Court On 21 June

Julie

Guest littlesally

I think that the money belongs to the bank I'm afraid, as they have been charging you and adding it to the debt, but as you have not paid any of the debt off how can they owe it to you?

Sally x

Guest littlesally

Julie please don't take my word as gospel as I don't know the answer and am hoping someone else will know and post.

As far as I can see you are claiming less than they say you owe, so I can't see what else can happen. There won't be any money left over.

You could try asking for a cheque, as their offer is less than your claim you could make it a condition of settlement.

sally x

I was paid by cheque. You can request that you are paid in this manner, but be aware that any debt that you have outstanding will remain. It maybe an idea to use this money to clear some of that debt. I know it means not having it in your account, but it's one less debt on your mind.

Cant you accept this cheque, but then start the whole process again for a new claim on ALL THE OTHER CHARGES THAT YOUVE NOT TRIED TO GET BACK SO FAR......... Just a thought, Im sorry, I dont mean to be the master of the bleeding obvious, but why not accept this, put it into the account towards the debt, then start the whole claiming back process again for the rest of the charges that you havent claimed for ???? Fendy xx

Hi

Thanks For That But Oh My God Im Not Sure What To Do Now, I Just Wanted Abit Of Money Back For Myself To Enjoy After A Very Bad Year

Julie X X

Guest littlesally

But Julie,

What a wonderful way to draw a line under the past year!

A big chunk of debt gone ... WOW!!

It is up to you of course, but if you ask for the money, you will probably spend a load celebrating - but the debt will still be there!

It's a pity the chatroom is still closed as that place can really help with any doubts and fears you have.

Also good for just unwinding and having fun.

Still hopefully it won't be long.

It's basically a waiting game, seeing who can out stare the other - don't be the one to look away.

Many people do at this stage and give up.

Make sure you stick with the winners and you will be one!

Sally x

I know what your'e saying,, but at the end of the day I think its better to get rid of the worry of the debt around your neck. I know its not hard cash you can go and spend, and believe me the thrill of the money will soon be gone, once spent,. If I was you I would accept this offer. Ensure you dont sign any gagging clauses saying you wont claim again, lol, and just start the whole thing again for the charges on the account that you havent yet claimed for. Once youve had one successful claim, it seems that once they are reminded of that fact when you start a second claim, then they are more likely to pay out quicker, knowing that you have previously taken it all the way, they know once youve done it before, you are quite happy to keep doing it until all funds are paid back. Look at it at a reward to come in the future................ Not that far off really. Dont delay, get the second one started, and that way you might end up with some left over to treat yourself with in the new few months. Take Care, be optimistic, head high, onward and upward............ dont think of it as money that was ever yours, but look at the next claim as something you might have something left over from. There, thats an enticing reward to think about to get the second claim under way. Go get em, and stay optimistic throughout, show them they cant wear you down. All the very very very very best................. and free stuff is good too. Summers day, nice picnic, long walks,,,,,,,, rambling convos with friends, its these free stuff that make life a happier place.......... the money is soon gone. Lolxxxx but I can understand your disappointment. PLEASE STAY STRONG, LEVEL HEADED AND CONTENT IN THE KNOWLEDGE YOU CAN DO THIS ALL OVER AGAIN. Fendy xxxxxx