Atlantic vs. Barclays Bank PLC

Atlantic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes - i did request charges and interest in the LBA's - the spreadsheet makes it easy.

I even sent them copies of the relevant statement pages with the charges/ interest highlighted by asterisks - there were so few of them that I figured it's little extra effort to send copies of the statement pages as well!

I submitted the claim over the counter to Central London CC at a couple of minutes short of the counter closing time of 4pm.

They say that I will receive my copy of the fully completed N1 form and the details of when order was deemed to be served within 7 or 8 days time.......

I have gotta admit that unless I am missing something here (which I don't think I am) then I think Barclays are really completely crazy for pushing me into doing this - as it is simply not cost effective for thm bearing in mind their spiralling corporate legal bill which will outmatch the value of my claim ten-fold the very second their solicitors get hold of this claim!!

The most stupid thing is...When you get the final settlement letter from them it states that they are willing to settle because it is not cost effective

This extract from the Litigation thread is taken directly from MY settlement letter but turned around for US to use against them

I realise from your defence that you do not agree with my legal analysis that the charges levied to my account amount to penalty clauses and are deemed unfair. I do however recognise the fact that the sum at issue between us is relatively modest and as such, it is not cost effective for either party to take the matter to trial. Therefore in order to avoid the inevitable time and cost associated with pursuing the claim to trial

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

for me this whole bank charges issue has opened my eyes......

some of the stories on here are simply unbelievable - totally genuine but unbelievable - and we've all been sitting there meekly and mildly and letting them get away with it for years! One of the best stories spinging to mind is Sparkie vs RBoS - where he is prosecuting his bank with the aid of the fraud squad because they "made up" his loan application....!!

Not a lot surprises me now with banks.............!