Barobalti’s Wife v Bank of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife is in the process of claiming back £403.22 plus interest from BoS via Small Claim for a Visa account.

They offered us a “Full and Final” of £120.00, which we rebutted, of course.

Their reply says that, “the initial offer that was sent out to you was a full refund of your charges…”

Before we proceed with our claim in Court, I thought I had best check if the following charges were all appropriate for us to claim back:

“INTEREST CHARGEOFF” (What the heck is THAT?) of £219.22, a single payment on 9th January 2004.

“Card Protect Tel 08701 201054” of £29.00 on 22nd December 2001.

“Visa Cheque Card Services” totalling £35.00

“Over Limit charge” and “Late Payment Charge” totalling £120.00 – I presume the latter here is the £120.00 they have offered us but can anyone advise us on the first three and should we be reclaiming them? Should I be asking BoS for a full explanation before proceeding?

The card was seized when I lost my job and my wife had also been paying Credit Care Insurance at a rate between “Minimum applied” and “73p per £100”.

I want to be very careful about every approach I make. This is because I believe that all it will take is just ONE ill-advised and irrelevant claim for the banks to confound our progress via “stated case” as in the multiple claims scenario.

HOWEVER – they were kind enough to send me a summary with their last letter and the final page shows (5th December 2005):

PRINCIPLE ABANDONED £819.40

INTEREST ABANDONED £209.22

INSURANCE ABANDONED £7.92

I have not seen this before – any idea what this means?

I am inclined to think that we should just accept the £120.00

All advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ian P of Edinburgh

By all means phone and find out what they are talking about make sure you understand and if necessary get them to explain in writing so you understand;. Do not give in because all the money they took in illegal charges is yours and you will get it back. If they have been charging interest on you balance which includes the charges which have probably been added to your debit balance you should include that interest in your claim. If you need any more help let me know best of luck