who do i report them to?

mrsmc56
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

last fri was the deadline for me recieving my statements.although about 2 weeks ago when i phoned they said they have not recieved my request.i have proof of delivery so i knoe they have recieved it.they said i have to wait another 40 days from the phone call which im not doing as i have proof they have my request.ive still not had my statements.the deadline was last fri.but dont know what to do next.do i need to report them to somebody or just phone again?

u can go a couple of ways with this one:

1. Send them a nudge letter giving them no more than 7 days. State that they've had their time and more, quote the proof of delivery (enclose a photocopy if u can).

2. Have a read here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html and make a complaint for non-compliance under the DPA.

Hopefully one or both of those should gee them up a bit

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

hi! was in a similar boat myself...

hsbc took 45 days to get my statements posted to me - and then they arrived in 2 batches, all 40-odd envelopes!!! bless my postie! i sent them a nudge letter around day 35 and then also re-registered for internet banking. it was still good to get the paper copies - eventually - because it was easier to use them when filling in the spreadsheet. hsbc were also kind (?) enough to return my £10 cheque.

good luck.

get your highlighers at the ready and get all those unlawful charges onto a nice tidy spreadsheet... ready to send your prelim (blocking off the interest column until you file your claim).

you'll be amazed at just how much you've been 'had in the net' over the last 6 years believe me. don't get mad - GET EVEN!!!!

good luck with your claims - read as much as you can before you claim. mistakes are easy to rectify before you do it - costly after!!!

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!