GregoryVNatwest SAR them & replied with incomplete statements

kiri260180
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent off my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request to NatWest for my six years statements - they waited twenty days and after I wrote to them chasing they sent me a letter asking me to go into the local branch and change my address; as they did not recognise it even though my statements were sent to this address for 1 year before my account was closed. Anyway did that and did not hear a peep out of them after having sent another chasing letter asking them what the hold up was. The cut off date for my SAR is this Friday. I received the statements this morning and I am missing a year and a half's worth from mid 2002 until beginning of 2004 - which for me is when most of charges were levied.

• What do I do now do I phone them and request the rest?

• How can I prove that I did not receive them?

• Can I report them for being in breach of the SAR if they do not get them to me by Friday - and will the courts see this as a breach?
  • Does this mean that I can ask for any reasonable amount back from them through the courts without having to ask for the rest of the statements and again if I do this what stops people from saying that they did not receive half the statements?

I would really be grateful of any guidance.

Thank you - kiri260180

The cut off date for my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) is this Friday. I received the statements this morning and I am missing a year and a half's worth from mid 2002 until beginning of 2004 - which for me is when most of charges were levied.

• What do I do now do I phone them and request the rest?
  • I'd definitely give them a ring and explain that you're still misssing some statements and the deadline's up on Friday. Offer to collect them from the branch if needs be.
  • How can I prove that I did not receive them?
  • I'd suggest the onus is on them to prove they sent them to you - ask them if they can do this!!!
  • Can I report them for being in breach of the SAR if they do not get them to me by Friday - and will the courts see this as a breach?
  • Have a read through here before doing anything else http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html
  • Does this mean that I can ask for any reasonable amount back from them through the courts without having to ask for the rest of the statements and again if I do this what stops people from saying that they did not receive half the statements?
  • I'd suggest taking all the relevant steps to get your statements back first - read through the above link thoroughly as all the advice you need is on here.

Welcome on board the nat west forum, and good luck Kiri - hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thank you so much for your reply I will have a read through the thread - there are so many on here I did a quick search but could not find any that fitted the bill - so thank you for posting that.

I will let everybody know the outcome - from the statements that they have sent me they already owe me £730 and I think I have about £500 more so will keep everybody posted with the outcome.

I think having read some if the links that I may also write a letter to Sir Fred Goodwin - I think that he would like to hear about his department is dealing with these requests and the delay's that that they are delibrately setting in place to slow things down - hopefully I can bring to his attention so that he can put a stop to this for future claimants.

I have also read the new post from BankFodder with regards to claiming for waste of time as I think that I have fairly good case.

It does not really describe in his post what reasonable charges for timewasting are apropriate if any could shed any light then I would be most grateful as I am going to take them to cleaners with this one as I cant stand them!!

Thak you again for the advise - you have been really helpful. kiri260180:)

Don't get mad............. get even - claim back every penny you can!!!!

Good luck with this kiri - keep us all posted on your progress.

Hedgey xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hedgey is giving you good advise

I just wanted to add that I too, as many others, had trouble getting statements… But I kept badgering them… and they soon sent me the statements. When I phoned them they asked how long my request had been in I said 39 days and gently said I was under the impression that it should have been sorted in 40 days… They said they where very busy with the amount of claims...... I received all my statements within the next 7 days… My advise for what its worth is be polite but let them know you know your rights and mean business…

Good Luck

And as Hedgey says one step at a time…

Shadrach

Shadrach

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22nd Jan 2007

Prilim letter sent asking for £683 + £93.67 interest Total =£776.67

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

Claim settled in FULL £969.93 30th May 2007

I will do, thank you both of you for your great advice.

I will be polite as I was to have the upper hand but it is really hard as they hav no excuse that they are really busy with all of these requests - what if we turned around and said sorry I am too busy to pay back my charges I will do it when I am good and ready!! I dont think they would be very patient - in fact I know they are not as they slapped me with a default notice when I did not pay them back after their unlawful charges took me over my overdraft limit!

Anyway will kill them with kindness for the moment until I get what I want and then I will hit them!!!

Thank you both of you again - you have been great - feel a bit better knowing that I am not the only one. kiri260180 :)

Hi there Kiri

Previous posts are spot on. I phoned them and nicely reminded them it was now 46 days and I had my statements 2 days later. Have since had a complete second set as well which will come in handy if it ever gets to Court.

Most of the Natwest staff are okay if you call them, Borehamwood were dead helpful to me.

Remember its your money not theirs!

Then just follow the advise from all the helpful peeps on this site (who know far more than I do), do it all properly, sit back and wait for the dosh

Wendy x

Just in case anybody picks up on this thread.

I called NatWest this morning and they actually have a dedicated line for people complaining about their charges!!

The number is 0800 015 212.

option 1 and then option1 again.

I was also told that there is a problem with the statements between 2002-2003 and they are well aware of this. Apparently this has to come from a seperate department and database and they will usually follow your initial statements after one week - if not then chase again.

Hope this helps anybody that is in the same situation as me.

:)

Nice one kiri!

Let's hope your statements get through asap - in the meantime, download the prelim letter ready to send off along with one of the spreadsheets. That way - you're ready to get cracking inputting the charges info as soon as the statements arrive!

Let us know how you get on, good luck - hedgey xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Thanks Kiri

I did need to get in touch with Natwest regarding missing statements so used your number.

Thought I'd mention that you've missed a digit though. It's 0800 015 4212

I'm missing from April 01-Oct 02

Anyway Good Luck x

Thank you Skylario I was so excited at getting the number I issed a digit!!

Still not heard anything and been another week - but I guess I have to allow for the bank holiday will give them till the end of the week!!

Thanks everybodey for your posts will let you know how I get on.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Still not heard anythig yet - called the number again and they said ooopps we sent them last week have you not received them yet? - noooo or otherwise why would I be waiting 20 mins on hold waiting to speak to you!!

Oh well will said they would make my case a priority - so keep you all posted!!:rolleyes: