Ketto V Barclays

ketto
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

After registering last year and meanwhile getting into difficulties with a builder I am now about to start my claim proper.

It could be interesting as I first started off my claim b4 I knew this site existed and Barclays had already offered me £380 last september which I have refused with the help and advice of the people here on the site. I have combined the part acceptance of the sum in conjunction with a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request so I'll keep everyone posted on how it all goes...

I'll perhaps need any winnings to pay the fee settled out of court with the builder!!! Plus my donation to here of course!

The only thing that worries me is that Barclays replied to my initial letter of 7 months ago with their (derisory) offer and now, that offer may be out of date even though I have accpeted it as part settlement in my letter. Can anyone offer advice on that possibility please?

Thanking you all,

Ketto

Hi, im no expert on legal matters but personally, i would have thought that there is some kind of time limit on an offer in matters such as this... does it give any indication of timeframe for acceptance in the offer letter?

Their letter states 'Should you now wish to accept our offer, please sign and return the acceptance form enclosed with our letter of July 29th. However if you do not wish to accept this offer it would appear we are unable to reach an amicable resolution'. Absolutely correct!:rolleyes:

Incidentally the acceptance form carries no time limit, but where their offer stands legally I'm not sure.

Ta for the reply Tony,

Ketto

If its any help at all I started our first claim last year and had to stop as we didn't have the money to go any further. I started the claim again this year and made no mention of the previous offer, Barclays made a new offer higher than the last one which I have said thanks but no thanks to and continued to my moneyclaim. I would say just send the subject access request and start at the beginning again, Good luck :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Sorry i misread your post, didnt realise you'd already sent letter, both our offers said after 8 weeks they would consider the complaint resolved if they didnt hear from us so I would imagine that is their timescale

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Thanks Tipsy,

I've just read your own thread, seems like you are well on the way... all the best with your claim. I shall follow it with interest as it is a similar situation to mine. I feel better just knowing that someone else has started and then stalled their claim!

Ketto

Right, Game on.... I'm off to the Post Office to send off my SAR, it should be interesting, hope they don't send me my ultra complete set of statements, I've been with them for over 20 years!!

Regards to all,

Ketto