Burke vs Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please keep the original envelopes they arrived in as well as I will be writing to the Post Office so that they can by using the bar code on the envelopes prove when they were posted!!!!!!

Yorkshire Bank seem to be shying away from using dates on correspondance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Gogivit

Whooops just retrieved one evelople from the bin, as you rightly say there is no date on the letter enclosed with the statements. God this lot play well dirty. Im doing my husbands for him and his lot A&L have been no problem, sent everything on time, they sent statements as you would receive them in the post.

I knew YB wouldnt make it easy but I never dreamed they would copy my statements in such a way that I was looking at charges in Feb then it swapped to March and then on the reverse of March I was back at Feb. I was up til gone 1am this morning handwriting everything out on a note pad in pencil, just so that I could get all the charges in the right date order.

Well they have totally p****d me off now, im almost certain I have been banking with them for at least 10 years, so I am going to persue the remaining statements .. god only knows when I will get them. Do I go back to where I sent my original request and cheque or my local branch? Do I have to give them another 40days?

Where have you complained to about how they are sending out statements, because I would certainly like to tell them what I think of their DIRTY tactics.

Hi Gogivit

Do you know anything about Debit interest charges? I keep seeing this on my statements, some are as high as 10 and 11 quid. Is this somethingI should also claim back?

Thanks Wobbles

Found info out on debit interest, seems this is a dark grey area and not something to be claimed for.

CI interest however is confusing the life out of me. I am using the prelim letter from this site and towards the end of the letter is calls for 3 sets of figures to be input, bank charges, plus interest and then a total. I have been on a number of threads and am still having problems working out what the interest figure is I should put in. YB charge 29.08% on unauthorised over drafts. My claim is for £1431.00, but on using various spreadsheets and my son even trying to help me (they are doing percentages at school at present) between us we have come up with 3 yes 3 different figures.

Can anyone help me, I have also posted this question on my husbands thread (im dealing with his aswell) and I really dont want to mess this up. What figure do I put in the interest part of this letter?:confused: a link i was given on my husbands thread (which worked fine for his) is scaring the life out of me, the total with CI interest is 6grand :o which really dont think is right.

Id like to send off my Prelim letter asap so if anyone can give me some input id be very grateful, or another like to a spreadsheet that works it all out?

Wobbles