Yet another question!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a good look through the section about what can and cannot be claimed for and am happy with everything to claim back apart from one thing.

I have my

retd d/d or s/o charges

excess o/d charge

interest on my o/d (over the limit interest of course)

One thing that is puzzling me about the Bank of Scotland is that all of a sudden about 4/5 years ago they started charging me an account maintenance charge which did eventually turn into a charges as notified fee. I got no freebies for this charge nor was there anything different being done to my account. I have them every month for a good number of years and they are roughly £28.00.

Can someone advise me if I can claim them back?

Any help would be appreciated

This sounds like a charge for going over your limit. If it is then they are reclaimable. Have a look at your statements and see if you went over your limit in the month previous to the charge being taken. If you were then it looks like the over limit charge. As for O/D interest, you need to make sure that your overdraft limit is interest free. You can only claim back the interest relating to the charge taken. The advance spreadsheets in the library can help you calculate this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Thanks - I will have a look when I get home.

I am just confused due to the fact that in one month - on the same page I am charged overdraft interest, excess o/d charge AND an account maintenance charge.

I cannot help feeling this is somewhat excessive

This sounds like a charge for going over your limit. If it is then they are reclaimable. Have a look at your statements and see if you went over your limit in the month previous to the charge being taken. If you were then it looks like the over limit charge.

I have had a look at my statements and I have indeed gone over my overdraft limit the month before so it looks like this is what the charge is for. This makes me happy as I was dreading having to re-calculate the whole six years again.

Without working out any of the interest for being over the limit the two accounts work out at £1570 and £5220 :D

Don't forget that you can't claim all of the interest, only the part relating to your charges.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D