Started proceedings today on behalf of my parents

shelltyrrell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

K=Just sent the first letter today on behalf of my parents who have paid Nationwide £4800 in the last 3 years.

Really hoping it doesn't go to court as I think in view of their age they would struggle with this - would I be able to act on their behalf does anyone know?

Thanks for all the advice posted on this site already - fingers crossed we will get some money back

My understanding of the small claims system is that your parents can be represented by anyone they like. This is certainly the case in Scotland.

Cheers and good luck

Woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Really hoping it doesn't go to court as I think in view of their age they would struggle with this - would I be able to act on their behalf does anyone know?

Hi shelltyrell, have a look at this

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/attend/hearing/someone.htm

Unless you're in Scotland!!

Onwards and upwards

Elsinore

• 2 weeks later...

Your mum and dad must be so proud of you.

Hang in there, we'll all do whatever we can to support you and if you need any help just shout. Should it get to court - and it is a big doubt - then I am sure that there would be a whole legion of people willing to come with you.

xxx

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

• 9 months later...

Welll nearly a year on and I have just lodged the claim against Nationwide on behalf of my parents for nearly £5k - it has taken them that long to get their heads around this.

Hopefully all will go smoothly - need to read up on everything again and I might be back to ask some questions.

hi shelltyrrell, best of luck any questions just post people are always happy to help x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Hi how are you getting on as I am just starting proceedings against nationwide have had all the letters back they are not playing ball so court it is I'm afraid so am seeking some advice

• 1 month later...

Hi, sorry Brad P only just seen this message. Well my update is Nationwide have coughed up the whole amount of £4775 + court fees.

I can't believe how straight forward it all was.

As you can imagine my parents and I are over the moon and have been out for Sunday lunch to celebrate (they paid!!!)

Thanks for everyone on here who has supported and advised me along the way - reading all the posts has been a great source of inspirtation.

Hopefully I wont need to go through this again but good luck to everyone else in the same situation and hang on in there!!!